Recommended Android Apps

Soldato
Since the old thread is so cluttered, I have made a Google Docs Spreadsheet with a list of apps that have been recommended frequently.

Here it is.

Any suggestions welcome since there isn't going to be every app in there, only the good ones.

Can't see anything in that spreadsheet apart from a link to the ocuk thread and 'please put suggestions here' text.

Here are some of my favourite apps:

Notes - Evernote
Todo - Any.do

For fitness I love My Fitness Pal it has a website that it sync really nicely with, can record exactly what you eat, your work out. Has a barcode scanner to scan things which I find is very useful, instead of finding something similar you get the exact thing you eat.

For Travel I use 3 apps, Tubemap, really good for underground, gives you all the normal things you could need and also gets updates from tfl and tfl twitter account. Also use it to check what time a train is coming if a station doesnt have the HUD. London Bus Tracker, you can bookmark your bus station, use it for the few I need and it is very easy to find other stations and so on. Rail planner, does what it says plans you rail travel works well like it.

Last edited:
Can't you just click through to the Play Store? That's why I omitted any descriptions.

You have multiple sheets of apps, with multiple appas per page. Why would I click through to a the play store for every single app?
Plus the market description often doesn't tell you what you need to know, so it may be a wasted trip!

Great thread idea, though. Still useful, could be more useful.

Back
Top Bottom