I got bored and pondered poverty and used maths...

Man of Honour
It's interesting when you work it out how little you can spend to get enough to live on but it's not really living in any useful sense, it seems more akin to doing just enough to stave off death. However it does go someway to belie the idea that you can't eat vaguely healthily cheaply - that is better than many ready-meal based diets which cost far more.

Agreed. To be honest, can you afford not to eat well and eat good food? i.e. is it good/bad for you? From my experience, study and understanding of nutrition I'd say it's not worth putting your body through a bad diet - our diets and food intake has been so badly skewed over the past dozens of years with artificial ingredients, preservatives and additives.

My food bills may be high (over £50 a week for myself on food alone), but I don't go clubbing/drinking as it's not my thing and I'd rather spend it on something I like - good food! :D

Soldato
I could quite happily live on:

Breakfast: Beans on toast
Lunch: Egg on toast
Afternoon snack: Fruit/nuts/muesli bar
Dinner: Bacon sandwich/steak/pork/chicken.

Rinse and repeat :D

Although since i'm not eating any carbs at the moment i'm spending loads on food atm.

Caporegime
what exactly is the point though, you can eat cheaply? sure, you could just eat only rice and eat even cheaper, so?

Its not a healthy diet in any way, you've got far to few calories, and you've got next to no protein at all in the diet, at a guess, 40grams or less a day, thats simply not a healthy amount, aswell as all the carbs being highly refined high gi crap carbs.

2 slices bread and half a can of spaghetti = 11.2p
150g apple = 9.9p

that, as a meal, is a joke. a bunch of high GI unhealthy carbs, and, an apple. you've got next to no nutrients, next to no protein, no fat, just nothing. The breakfast of musli and milk is infact far far healthier, more protein, fat and lower gi wholemeal carbs.

I don't know what you'd be spending money on to leave yourself so little money for food, but health is the only thing you need in life to keep living, skimping out and buying utterly crap food is the stupidest mistake you'll ever make.

Soldato
Two slices of bread and half a can of canned spaghetti (ick) doesn't sound like that balanced or great a lunch to me!

Yes, I guess you would prevent yourself from starving for a while. It doesn't sound like much fun though.

Back
Top Bottom