Antec p183 case rev 2, they have changed the design

Associate
hi all just thought i would psot this as i dont know if people know about this

there seems to be a new revision of the antec p183 as i must have the latest revision, I read a lot of reviews on this case and watched some videos on youtube and one of the complaints was that there was no cut out for the motherboard to be able to replace the heatsink and if you needed to replace the heatsink you had to take all the motherboard out to replace it, When i got my antec p183 case last week i took the side panel off and now there is a cut out for you to be able to replace heatsinks without taking the motherboard out.

nice one antec they always listen i hope this helps people as they might like this option and have not thought of getting this case becasue of this.

also the side of the box has a new SSD compatable sticker on the side so i dont know if this is the sign to tell you which is the newer version of the case

hope this helps

Not sure, had a look on antec's site and didn't notice anything. unless you mean the P193?

P193_side.jpg

I would like to get hold of one of these :)

would have been easier for them to just supply a copy of the akasa dual ssd mounting bracket that fits a 3.5 drive bay :D

Still NO USB 3.0 compatibility for the front panel which is disappointing, especially considering when you take the block off the back of the door to take a closer look at it for modding, you find that those sockets are moulded in, as is the cabling and you have no way to modify it, without completely throwing it away and starting again and building your own... poor show.

The access panel is long over due... but, i would have hoped for a width increase, to allow for some of the higher end coolers to fit, especially in the P193, as this is why a lot of people simply discard this case, because the 200mm fan sticks in so far, and they didnt widen the case when they repositioned the mobo tray to give a cable space area behind it, infact, the original P180 was wider

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom