ST220 - Name this part!

Soldato
Ok, the other day I had a vacuum hose pop off my ST220. After the initial heart attack when it started sounding like it was dying, I figured out the issue, dropped in to a friendly garage to borrow a long pair of pliers, and job was a good one. The tubing went back on VERY easily though so I'm trying to find out what the part I need is in case it pops off again.

I've been into my local Ford dealer and had a nosy on the parts catalogue, and *think* I know what I'm after, but neither myself nor the guy could be 100% sure.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/ajax87/P1000880.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/ajax87/P1000879.jpg

That's the part in question, going from what I presume is the idle control valve to the front-most barb on the rear of the engine.

I think from having a look at the Ford ECat, it's part number 14, 4412599, but I'm not 100% sure.

Could anyone confirm for me please?

Cheers.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What? The part the green bit connects to or the green bit itself? The green bit is just vacumn tubing - probably 6mm id.

The bit the tubing connects to in the 2nd photo is the fuel pressure regulator. I assume the tubing came detached from this in your "fault" the other day. Just put a zip tie over the hose when it goes over the barb and it wont be going anywhere.

Remember - two rules to fixing cars.

1: If it moves and it shouldn't, use gaffa tape or zip ties.
2: If it should move and it doesn't, use a hammer!

Soldato
OP
All of the green bit.

Where it came detached is not shown in those photos, I couldn't get a clear shot with the camera. The tubing seems made of 4 different parts - each end has a 90degree rubber push fit connector on it, with a thin 2mm OD red plastic tube between them, sheathed in a black ridged plastic tube for protection.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I see.

It's just a vacumn pipe - you don't need a specific Ford part.

Just find out what the bore is and buy some silicone vacumn tubing - grips better than rubber - especially rubber tube that has gone hard/brittle with age, which it sounds like has happened in your case.

You can get it in black if you don't want bling bling blue or coloured.

Associate
Agreed, vacuum pipe that you can replace with silicone tubing. Did the same thing on my S3 when I removed my N249 valve. Otherwise, zip ties should secure the thing :)

Soldato
My first major thread revival.

I have the identical fault at the moment and the garage have rigged up a cable tie temporary fix. Did you ever identify the part name/number?

Back
Top Bottom