My New Build project

Associate
Hi guys, As some of you are aware, i had my post edited by moderator because i was showing competitor pricing, and instead of inboxing me or even taking my post down they edited it which i have to say, i wasn't happy BUT i understand why and really grateful to moderator for doing this.

Okay i was thinking it over and decided to stick with AMD gaming rig but have tweaked my list (no pricing will be shown)

Here is my Parts List:

-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core
-CPU Cooler:Thermaltake CLP0600 45.4 CFM
-Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+
-Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
-Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
-Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB
-Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer
-PCI card: WIFI WIRELESS N PCI ADAPTER CARD 300Mbps for DESKTOP PC Window XP Vista 7
-Case:Thermaltake Commander Snow Edition Midi Tower Case
-PSU:OCZ CoreXtreme 500w '80 Plus' Power Supply

Total Price £520

Question to Mods* i can still put my total price right?

Now as i mentioned before my post being amended, I stated i was buying these parts within 2 paydays (November & December) So parts im buying this friday will be:

-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core
-Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+
-CPU Cooler:Thermaltake CLP0600 45.4 CFM
-PSU:OCZ CoreXtreme 500w '80 Plus' Power Supply

Hopefully i can get these within my budget for this month as i do have bills to pay :p

December payday will see the rest of my parts arrive and my Build will be completed. Now i know complications can happen so i will post every detail of my build and show images of parts and setup etc

So thanks yet again for comments so far, appreciate all advice but don't take offense if i don't use some of them.

Thanks for reading and update will arrive with pics by next week :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks nice man, just keep an eye on the offers flying around this time of year :) some good savings could be made buying certain components at certain times :)

Another thing to consider is whether or not it is worth investing a few quid more to get a 1155 based system which has a nice upgrade path :)

i3 + decent mobo + ram can be had for £20 more than your current planned setup.

Just something to consider :) looking forward to build pics :)

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks nice man, just keep an eye on the offers flying around this time of year :) some good savings could be made buying certain components at certain times :)

Another thing to consider is whether or not it is worth investing a few quid more to get a 1155 based system which has a nice upgrade path :)

i3 + decent mobo + ram can be had for £20 more than your current planned setup.

Just something to consider :) looking forward to build pics :)

Hi thanks for the comment, these will be considered for next year sometime as im on a budget right now. And to regards to your comment about savings, i will defo be keeping eye out :) next Friday i will post pics so sub to this or keep eye out, be awesome to get advice etc

Associate
OP
I edited my post with a nice recommendation but confirm your system requirements with the psu calculator I linked :)

Just used that calc and estimated PSU watt would be around 364W

So that PSU you linked me to would be perfect, but it means adding a further £20+ and as i say im on budget. Going to have another search for same PSU but for cheaper.

Soldato
the advice about a good psu is good advice, id rather have a second hand psu from a decent company than a new cheap unit. you may think your saving money now but a good psu will last you longer than a cheap brand, saving you money in the long run and also saving the rest of your pc from damage.

also 700w psu is definatly not needed with this build, somthing around 450-500w will be more than enough, id also go for the 7850 to save some money

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-052-HS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

i had a sapphire version of the card and it played gtaiv, skyrim, f1 2012 and many others at max graphical settings. also it overclocks very well and can reach 7950 levels if you get a good one.

with the money saved on the gpu you could purchase an i3 plus motherboard for near the same, if would also allow you to upgrade to a an i5 later or even an i7 if you wanted

Associate
OP
Really appreciate the advice guys

*Why not use the AMD stock cooler for a bit* I could but its a monster size and im just wondering if it would be tight fit :S

*somthing around 450-500w will be more than enough, id also go for the 7850 to save some money http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=56&subcat=411*

This is an awesome card, why i didn't notice this i will never know,thanks man defo be using this and saving me few quid in process :)

I will be posting in general hardware section, thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom