Got a job interview this afternoon!

Caporegime
Yep, after months of looking for a new job finally got an interview this afternoon at 3, ah man can't wait.

It's for an IT Helpdesk roll/ Admin roll, i'll be on 24K a year, and its only at liverpool street station, :D

can't wait currently bricking it but wish me luck :D

Caporegime
OP
L337 LooX said:
gd luck!

but your 18 and gonna be on 24k :eek: :eek: im 18 and on 12k

[/jealous]

my agent just rang me up and said that I'm currently the only person who is going for the job, plus they need someone urgently - i got the phone call this morning - and if it goes well i start tomorrow on £7 an hour on a temp basis until the IT manager gets back from holiday then hopefully on the 24k a year.

Soldato
24k for an IT helpdesk role seems too much even if it is a supervisory position. If it is quite a managerial position then I would presume they are looking for years of experience in such positions with that salary. Good luck to you though don't let my skepticism ruin it.

Was

Was

Associate
Saberu said:
24k for an IT helpdesk role seems too much even if it is a supervisory position. If it is quite a managerial position then I would presume they are looking for years of experience in such positions with that salary. Good luck to you though don't let my skepticism ruin it.

in central london mind... would cost me over 7k to travel there and back over the year!

Caporegime
OP
sorry its been a few days since i'm replying but i got the job :D

started today did my first day, its pretty cool, nice bunch of people i work with, never worked in london, its so wierd and different, like it though :).

only thing i don't like is theres sod all to do at lunch :p

Associate
Phate said:
sorry its been a few days since i'm replying but i got the job :D

started today did my first day, its pretty cool, nice bunch of people i work with, never worked in london, its so wierd and different, like it though :).

only thing i don't like is theres sod all to do at lunch :p

So is it confirmed @ 24k, or is that the top end of the band? Pretty impressive for helpdesk staff...

Caporegime
OP
richieboy said:
So is it confirmed @ 24k, or is that the top end of the band? Pretty impressive for helpdesk staff...

Yep confirmed at 24k, and turns out I'm not really doing any helpdesk stuff at all, its admin work, paper work and stuff, gotta manage a lot of things all at one time, struggled this morning but soon got the gist of it and was a lot better this afternoon :)

Soldato
We should arrange a OcUK London Workers Post Work Drinks Meet at some point!

I've just recently started in Canary Wharf (stuck on floor 3 of a 31 floor building :()

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
richieboy said:

I know he's said it's not much helpdesk, but whatever it's still central london and that will always command a premium.

Getting 24k for that job down here would be impossible, infact my team are advertising for an admin type person (sounds similar) and that's up for 15k.

Congrats :)

Back
Top Bottom