Not Happy...

Caporegime
I recently bought the Antec P150 and i cant fault the actual case itself, its quiet and sturdy but the front cover is the worst design i've ever seen. The 2 automatic doors to hide DVD drives are held closed by a small piece of plastic of which i have broken both. The first one I broke when first putting everything in the case, the DVD drive was slightly misaligned so when i opened the drive it hit the door slightly wrong and snapped the little bit of plastic. Te second one I broke yesterday when i replaced the other drive, the same thing happened, slightly misaligned and snap! :mad:

DSC00176%20%28Medium%29.JPG

The bit thats circled in red in where the tab should be, Its supposed to slot behind the spring.

DSC00179%20%28Medium%29.JPG

I have now got to find some way of replacing the plasticy things so the covers will shut.

Be warned if you are buying this case!!

Caporegime
OP
I did wonder about that but they may say its my own fault. It also means ill have to take the machine part and im lazy. ;) Although i may send a webnote and see what they say.

I just wanted to let people know if they buy this case that the front is a bit delicate.

Soldato
You can send it back stating the goods were not suitable for the purpose they were designed for.

If there is any trouble say there was no warning in the manual and that the drive bays were not made for a safe insertion.

That should get it sorted :)

Second person this has happened to that I have heard about now, put the first one down to being a numpty, but two people is a bad bad case when the flaw is this big.

Caporegime
OP
The rest of the case is pretty good its just the tiny piece of plastic that they use as the attachment.

Nice to know its not just me though. :p

Soldato
Yeh if you had have said this a week ago I would have cracked a joke, but 1 person is a fool, 2 people its the case :p

Should be like Lian Li's bezel, breaks the drive by burning it out if you get it that horribly wrong, but there ones are soooooo hard to fit wrong its unbeleiveable, I tried to make it jam and could not, the worst I managed was to get it into a open then close auto loop of drive death!

The panel pressed the button when opening and closing, and as you kicked it off it just kept doing it :p

Took some doing to start it mind.

Soldato
Antec do seem to be quite nice people. They sent me a replacemnt PSU once without even asking for the faulty one back - which was nice seen as postage to the Netherlands would cost the earth!

Caporegime
OP
Well i've sent antec a webnote and await a reply with interest. I do think they should modify the case slightly though. It's pure guesswork as to whether the drive is in exactly the right spot or not.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah they're getting along fine. There doesnt seem to be any problems with the PSU and mobo but i have had 2 random shutdowns when I was running boinc on both cores and copying something from a dvd. I'm pretty certain this is a power issue as the psu has 3 16A 12v lines, i've rearranged the modular connections and ther now doesnt seem to be a problem. On those lines if you have a powerful system it may be wise to swap the PSU for a more powerful one.

Soldato
I'll only be having a relatively modest system, so hopefully my power needs won't exceed the reach of the supplied NeoHE.

Let us know how you get on with Antec.

Caporegime
OP
I got a message last night saying they are sending me a new cover for the drive. Pretty good customer service i must admit. :)

Soldato
Antec cases are great generally, just had some issues with there p line of cases which has dented my opinion of them somewhat.

The 1650 case is one of my personal favourite cases for builds to other people, I also swear by there PSU's, they aint pretty but they always seem to get the job done without asking too many questions.

I have not actually heard any horror stories about there customer support and its is FAR better than coolermaster, and Lian Li for that matter!

Lian Li get the customer support right, but its slow.

Coolermaster do not know what customer support is!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Well, i got a package this morning, a nice airmail package with a nice white piece of plastic in. I unclipped the broken drive door and just clipped the new one in place. Finee :)

Im pretty pleased with antecs response. Definitly a lot better than some manufacturers and suppliers i know. I will definitly have no quarms with buying their products in the future!

Back
Top Bottom