UV Cathodes

Soldato
Hi all,

I have two Blue cathodes in my rig at the moment, and I was thinking of adding 2 UV ones as my psu cables are UV reactive and some new cathodes will show it off quite well, I've also bought a watercooling loop this week so Im going to put some UV reactive dye in that aswell.

My question though, its my understanding that UV light only reflects off other things and because of its wave length, cant be seen coming from the cathodes themselves? Is this the case? Do the cathodes emit light visable to the human eye or do they just reflect of UV sensitive things?

If anyone has any pics then that would be good too.

Cheers

ok not very good pics but hope it helps you!

stuff009.jpg

stuff008.jpg

Looking at the pics should answer all your questions :p

Last edited:
Thanks mate, Thats very helpful.

Is it true that having other cathodes in the case at the same time spoils the UV effects?

I intend to have 2 UV cathodes and 2 Blue cathodes in there together.

Does anyone have any pictures of cases that contain both UV cathodes and some other coloured ones?

Cheers

Nazbit said:
Thanks mate, Thats very helpful.

Is it true that having other cathodes in the case at the same time spoils the UV effects?

I intend to have 2 UV cathodes and 2 Blue cathodes in there together.

Does anyone have any pictures of cases that contain both UV cathodes and some other coloured ones?

Cheers

Not sure, but i think it does spoil the uv effect, look at the pic where my blue led fan is.....

would be the same sort of thing.

I found having just one blue/red cold cathode ruined my UV setup - you could still see everything was still uv reactive and lit up - but to a person who jsut saw it for the first time would assume thats just the light off the cathode not the work of UV products, so I dont use normal cathods anymore just a hell of a lot of UV ones, leaving a purple glow in my pc that looks awesome IMO then obviously everything else thats uv reative is lit up.

Yeah i dont think the UV ones are propper jobs more purple than UV!! much lighter and than real UV lights you would see in a night club ect.
still looks cool :cool:

I think what I might do, is get a couple of small UV cathodes, so I can get them in funny places, like in the back plate of the case above the expansion slots and across the PSU bay, this will put them close to the items that are actually UV reactive.

Then when I get them I wil decide if I should take the blue ones out and just have the UV, or run them all at once.

Back
Top Bottom