Keeping White Trainers... White

Soldato
Got some nice K-Swiss trainers recently, and wanna make sure they stay white and not get too dirty.

Is soapy water the best option to keep em clean?

Or are there any tricks, other then of course mustard

Soldato
I use jif and a scouring pad on the edges of the soul, brings it up nicely, then I clean the leather with a sponge and water, I'm starting to put wax stuff on as soon as I buy the trainers though as it's supposed to protect them.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
You can buy some fluid much like shoe-polish mate. It's in a little bottle with a sponge at the top. Give your trainers a little whipe over and then go over them with the white-polish stuff and they look good as new.

Soldato
Nix said:
You can buy some fluid much like shoe-polish mate. It's in a little bottle with a sponge at the top. Give your trainers a little whipe over and then go over them with the white-polish stuff and they look good as new.

i've used one of them before and it was rubbish, just looked like I had painted my trainers!

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Hamish said:
i've used one of them before and it was rubbish, just looked like I had painted my trainers!

What did you buy, emulsion? Was it a shoe shop or B&Q you were in? :p

Soldato
The best thing to do is not get them dirty in the first place! Only walk on concrete, doon't wear them in the rain and never go out boozing in them! If they do get dirty clean them straight away. Oxy Clean is good at getting most stuff out.

Soldato
OP
hyper_piper45 said:
The best thing to do is not get them dirty in the first place! Only walk on concrete, doon't wear them in the rain and never go out boozing in them! If they do get clean them straight away. Oxy Clean is good at getting most stuff out.

I've been trying this method, but i only got 2 pairs of trainers, both are brand new and i got them in Vegas so dont really wanna ruin them - one pair are still very white - but the nicer pair i wore out the other night and they got a bit dirty. But sometimes it cant be helped :(

Soldato
but the nicer pair i wore out the other night and they got a bit dirty. But sometimes it cant be helped

I know what you mean, the worst is when you go out in the day and somehow you end up drinking. Next thing you know your in a club getting people standing on your feet and its game over :(. My trainers never seem to recover after that...

Suspended
ive got some white K-Swiss with the red and white stripes down the side, and they get dirty very easily. Best thing ive found to clean them is some everyday spray on kitchen/bathroom cleaner and a sink full of warm water.

Spray the trainer with a decent amount of spray, dip a hard brush into the warm water and scrub, then just wash off with a damp sponge. Comes up a treat!!

However, dont wear them in a factory environment as the white leather easily off and they look scruffy.

Had any trouble breaking yours in? Mine rubbed me raw for about 5 days, they are now some of the most comfortable trainers ive ever owned!

I had mine on my feet a total of 2 hours when some idiot went too fast in his car down a country road and splashed some cow muck on them, stained the leather and laces but its about gone now :D

Soldato
Black trainers for the win. White ones look pretty bad, the ones I have now are to damn disgusting looking.

Back
Top Bottom