When bouncy castles attack!

Soldato
It was a saturday in May, a saturday much like any other in the city. The smog was low, the temperature high and children were playing in the street by fire hydrants. Unbeknownst to the man on the street, dark forces were plotting to bring chaos and mayhem to Hedge End.

The bouncy castle man drove up the street nonchalently, the evil glint in his eye hidden by his dark sunglasses, he pulled up to a house and got out. Sliding back on the door on his transit van his, small, furtive, and somewhat emo looking, apprentice emerged, dragging behind him a shapeless mass of of brightly coloured canvas and an air compressor.

As a cloud crossed the sun the bouncy castle man stood tall and muttered to himself, "They are going to rue this day, and rue it hard."

They worked fast and smoothly, maybe a little too fast and too smoothly, and in minutes the compressor was buzzing and on the the previously empty driveway stood a tall, garish, but inviting bouncy castle, silently urging passersby to come for just one bounce.

As the bouncy castle man disappeared into the distance, the sun came out and man took off his shoes and edged slowly forward onto the bouncy castle.

He was hesitant at first, bouncing cautiously in the middle, as he relaxed he bounced higher and higher, the bouncy castle was feeding his ego, urging him on, telling him how magnificent he looked.
He was sucked in and broke out the big moves, back flips, somersaults, swan dives, even the worm.

From inside the bouncy castle everything looked fine, but from the outside onlookers saw it hunch down, coil up, preparing to attack. Children screamed, women fainted and BAM! the bouncy castle struck. It flung the man up in to the air like a rag doll, he tumbled back to towards the canvas, landing on this back, as he did so his legs came up by his head, a ripping sound reverberated through his ears, agony exploding in his thigh.

Lightning flashed, thunder boomed and in an instant the bouncy castle had vanished leaving its victim whimpering like a child.

leg1.jpg

leg2.jpg

Soldato
OP
Jimbu said:
lol nice one that story was really gripping
Heh, I was trying to think of a fun way of putting up some minging photos of my leg without just saying "I was a tool on a bouncy castle at the weekend, look what I did"

Man of Honour
bam0 said:
Heh, I was trying to think of a fun way of putting up some minging photos of my leg without just saying "I was a tool on a bouncy castle at the weekend, look what I did"

Even though your second account is much more accurate :p Looks painful though, I bet you're having trouble sitting with your leg like that.

Soldato
iCraig said:
Bet you feel quite deflated now :(

Landing with such a thud must have knocked the air right out of ya.
I want to wind you for such a poor joke.

Looks like some nice bruising you've got yourself there bam0. One of my mates had a bouncy castle at his BBQ and he managed to launch himself over the garden fence into his neighbours garden.

Soldato
OP
I've torn my hamstring a bit, not badly enough to need anything serious doing, just enough so that it's bled a lot. The ascii diagram below kind of gives the idea.
Code:
                  legs by head v
  o                            v
-----          |  /
  |     ->    o|-/    ->       --\
 / \                          /o--\
/   \

Associate
Bouncy Castles :( :eek:

Many years ago while I was a young child we had a bouncy castle at the school fate. Being young and "invincible" I tried to do a double, yes TWO forward flips in one bounce! People said it couldn't be done...

...they were right. One broken nose (in 5 places) and a 3 hour trip to hospital later I had realised that my once seemingly invincible body had failed me, but who was the attacker? It was my own right knee, theres a lesson in that somwhere.

Soldato
Excellent story! :)

Your incident made me think of this one, happened just days ago here:

Detroit News said:
Police on Sunday night arrested a man who they believe intentionally drove a maroon, 1994 Plymouth Voyager van through the crowd about 2 p.m. Sunday as members of the church and community played on five colorful inflatable structures and enjoyed fresh popcorn.
Full Article

Glad you didn't end up with a broken pelvis. :eek:

Man of Honour
bam0 said:
I've torn my hamstring a bit, not badly enough to need anything serious doing, just enough so that it's bled a lot. The ascii diagram below kind of gives the idea.
Code:
                  legs by head v
  o                            v
-----          |  /
  |     ->    o|-/    ->       --\
 / \                          /o--\
/   \

Ah, I assumed from the first post that the ripping was the bouncy castle and you'd landed on the groudn on your leg causing the bruising. That probably would have been less painful than a torn hamstring, I know from experience just how painful that can be.

Soldato
OP
Davey_Pitch said:
Ah, I assumed from the first post that the ripping was the bouncy castle and you'd landed on the groudn on your leg causing the bruising. That probably would have been less painful than a torn hamstring, I know from experience just how painful that can be.
Yeah, I landed on the bouncy castle (which was fine), the bounciness started to push me back up, while gravity was still pulling my legs down over my head, hence the overstretching and tearing. Come at a really bad time too as the softball season has restarted and my team will be without me for about a month.

Bloody good fun though, was my gfs 25th birthday, highly recomend bouncy castles for adult birthday parties :)

Back
Top Bottom