• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GTX problems?

Soldato
Hi,i bought an OcUK 7900GTX last monday & all seemed fine till last night.I exited a game and the monitor was flicking on & off,so i then tried 3D mark 01 SE and it ran all the through up to the rotating horse and froze.I then tried 3D Mark 03...it ran the first test fine & then locked up on the 2nd test.So then i tried 3D Mark 05 which ran all the way through the tests fine apart from what looked like some artifacting on the floor of the first test.Should i RMA the card or wait for it to get worse?

My specs are.
AMD FX55
DFI Lanparty Expert
2 GB Crucial Ballistix (Has been mem tested for 24 hours)
OCZ 520w Powerstream

I have also tried different drivers ect & have reinstalled my 7800GTX XXX edition(ran driver cleaner & reinstalled drivers again) and this worked perfect with all the 3D Mark tests.

Thanks.

Associate
Hi, i had the same problem with mine, its a bad batch of 7900 the best thing you can do is RMA the card because nothing can fix it

Soldato
OP
Just ran 3D Mark 2006 & on the Ice station test the graphics all went garbled & artifacting.So its looks like its time to RMA :( Bit annoyed as i only bought the card on the 8/6/06 :mad:

The thing i'm worried about is what happens if the next card i get does the same...it'll cost a small fortune in postage. :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Amidar said:
Just ran 3D Mark 2006 & on the Ice station test the graphics all went garbled & artifacting.So its looks like its time to RMA :( Bit annoyed as i only bought the card on the 8/6/06 :mad:

The thing i'm worried about is what happens if the next card i get does the same...it'll cost a small fortune in postage. :eek:

Try to RMA it through the retailer you bought it from. Or at least request a collection RMA so you don't have to pay postage.

I'm on my third. If my third 7900GTX develops these problems, I'm sure I'll have grounds for a refund.

Soldato
OP
It's an OcUK card....i would like to change to an ATI card if possible as i can't afford to be with out a card as i use the pc for work as well as gaming.

Associate
I suppose I might as well add my name to the list... I received an OcUK 7900GTX a few days ago and it keeps crashing and artifacting whenever I run a game or benchmark. I'm going RMA it on Monday. Grr... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom