Hiper HPU-4B580 - The unbearable noise...

Associate
I've had the "Hiper HPU-4B580 Type R 580W" PSU for 9 months now, and it's begun believe it or not... the clicking noise and the loud whirring of the small fan at the back...

I'm now worried about running games on my PC in case the PSU destroys everything with it at some point... does anyone else have this problem, and what would you do? I bought this PSU from OCuK, do you think i will be able to RMA this?

Here is the sound of the PSU i recorded with my phone so not too clear but you will soon realise how loud the noise really is!! :eek: ... on the first file you can make out the loud spinning of the small fan at the back of the PSU and the clicking of the PSU, sounds like a hamster running inside it... the second shows more clicking noise....

Loud Noise from the rear psu fan and clicking noises:
Clicking Noise 1

More clicking noises:
Clicking Noise 2

And no... I wasn't standing at the train platform when i recorded those sounds.

Last edited:
Soldato
mines just died on me as well , dfi n4 sli-dr 2 oranges leds come up but refuses to swich on the pc but a crappy one 400w will even if it can't pwoer all my rig which has left me using my laptop till i get paid to get a new psu not a hyper , back to tagan or Seasonic i think

Associate
OP
it just gets louder and louder as the pc is left on... however if i turn it off for a while then turn it back on the noise is gone but soon returns... surely a PSU should last longer than this... :confused:

Associate
OP
For those who have the Hiper 580W Type R, does the rear 80mm fan always spin? mine has suddenly stopped when i turned it on this morning, im sure it is meant to be spinning all the time... can anyone confirm this? :confused:

CBP

CBP

Associate
sugoi said:
For those who have the Hiper 580W Type R, does the rear 80mm fan always spin? mine has suddenly stopped when i turned it on this morning, im sure it is meant to be spinning all the time... can anyone confirm this? :confused:

Yes, my 80mm rear fan spins constantly when on

Soldato
sugoi said:
The 80mm fan is always on, but I found that when my system/cpu temp reached 40* the 120mm fan turned on, this was annoying for me in my Silverstone Sugo as the cpu is right near the psu so it was easy to get warm, less ventilation - and that's when both fans spun and was a bit louder. :)

Back
Top Bottom