She has finally landed!! Large pic warning!

Permabanned
My Blue baby has finally arrived!
http://soln.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CIMG1218.JPG Hi-res version!

cimg1218rr0.jpg

Uber massive pic changed to a link - Rilot

Had my ST3 delivered to work this morning, and dear god i havent stopped grinning since,its my first new car, and my god the experience,whilst maybe short lived, is fantastic!

Havent really had a chance to try the car out,i kept to a sensible 70mph on the way home as i have to run it in, but i got to say im very impressed, power seems to be there in every gear, and its so smooth despite the 18" rims,definately more comfortable than a CTR.And the leather is great doesnt seem to stick to you like leather in other cars.

The only faults with the car so far are the stereo wont do cd text, where as on the model below it will, and i cant figure out how to change the temp display from farenheit to celcius without it changing the trip readouts from miles to KM.

But otherwise im rather a happy chappy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Well done, work must be loving you :cool:

Lovely feeling getting a spanking new car. :)

I like the colour, a lot, but prefer marginally Hilly's black paint. The Orangatang isn't my cup of tea one bit, pleased you didn't go for that.

Tell me when it's run in so I can pop over & whoop it. :p

Permabanned
OP
Sorry for the mahoosive pic lads.

It is a company car, I work for rather a siemens doing a multitude of things encompassing engineering,marketing,business dev, and sales too! (and to think i only did a degree in electronics!)

Work are going to regret giving me a fuel card :D

Merlin, i reckon it will be run in by next weekend, might just go to scotland for the hell of it! i did think a bout black, but my mondeo was panther black so wanted something different, and the blue looked spot on for me, the orange was too in yer face and that aint my style!

Soldato
Nice mota.. nice colour!!!

My brother's blagged an ST2 for a week to demo as a company car, I hope they don't check the state of it's tyres before and after!!! although it'll be in orange so the glare should stop them noticing the lack of tread when he gives it back!

Associate
Nice choice of car, but I prefer the orange. ;)

wohoo said:
The only faults with the car so far are the stereo wont do cd text, where as on the model below it will, and i cant figure out how to change the temp display from farenheit to celcius without it changing the trip readouts from miles to KM.

This confused me for a while too. Set it up for MPH and farenheit. The scroll through the menu to the temperature readout, and hold in the Set button. Just like magic it'll change to celcius whilst keeping mph for other readings. :)

Any mods planned yet? :)

Soldato
nice choice mate, saw a black one in the station this morning. Did you get the Sony HU?

Some may not like the orange I was one of them but in the flesh its awesome, the colour I would have.

Enjoy

Associate
Nice, the blue is understated but makes it look subtle and stealthy :p

I recently transfered to SBS, I've been wondering if you can choose any car, I was fancying an ST too. I guess the answer is yes :o

Hope you enjoy, don't bother running it in :p ;) :D

Permabanned
OP
Magsy said:
Nice, the blue is understated but makes it look subtle and stealthy :p

I recently transfered to SBS, I've been wondering if you can choose any car, I was fancying an ST too. I guess the answer is yes :o

Hope you enjoy, don't bother running it in :p ;) :D

Not sure about SBS tbh, our division uses lex, i do know they arent taking any orders for the ST as the delays are horrendous, FWIW im paying 66 a month for the car, and £81 for the fuel card.

Thepharcyde, yeah i have the 6cd sony unit, good quality actually, i just would have pref the mp3 unit.

Back
Top Bottom