New Saitek keyboard Eclipse II

Soldato
I haven't got any news of it, it fact, i didn't even know it existed until i read this thread. I googled it and i think it's ugly :( I much prefer my original Eclipse ;) The black keys do look nicer though.

Associate
Meh, I think I'll stick with my original Eclipse. I think the new one's pretty ugly as well. Plus they've added loads of crappy media keys, one of the best things about the first one was that it didn't have any of those cluttering it up.

Soldato
I really want one of these but I'm put off by the tons of reviews that said the paint on the keys wears off quite quickly on the original Eclipse. Any idea if they've improved this?

Soldato
Curio said:
I really want one of these but I'm put off by the tons of reviews that said the paint on the keys wears off quite quickly on the original Eclipse. Any idea if they've improved this?

I have nice sweaty hands, 6 months of the board and not an issue with the keys and I rub them when I am thinking with my hands on the board.

My mates one is the same, no issue after 4 months.

Associate
I might get one of these also (BLUE ONE), i guess they are in stock soon at OC :) :) :) Any body else getting one ? are they any good for gaming

Last edited:
Associate
noticed they were in stock today, was about to place an order for something else and wouldnt of known about this gem too only it was on the front page. Nice one OcUK, one of these babies is going right in my basket. (no naughty thoughts please) :D

Soldato
You don't buy a particular colour of the Eclipse II (as far as I know).
The keyboard is all three colours - you select which one you want.
Mine was shipped from OcUK yesterday afternoon so I'm expecting it to arrive today.

Hats off to OcUK on getting these in.
They have been available in the US for about two months now but only directly from the Saitek website.
When I spoke to Saitek UK a month or so ago they told me they were expecting to be selling them from the UK store by the middle of September (which they weren't) but weren't sure when general release was going to be in the UK.

Edit
If you bought computer equipment on looks rather than practicality or comfort you would not buy 90% of the equipment out there.
According to all the reviews I've read they have taken the original Eclipse, fixed all of the "little niggles" and then turned it into an even more comfortable keyboard - looking forward to it's arrival.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived half an hour ago - and it looks/feels excellent.
As said above it is all three colours in each unit - press a button to cycle between red, blue, purple and off.
Very few "extra" keys at all.
The knob in the top-right is a brighness control.
Other than that you've got some sound control buttons and some play/stop/fwd/rew but you can't accidentally hit them.

Feel of the keyboard is great - done some basic typing test and the reaction from the keyboard is firm but not so firm it would be hard work to use over a long time, but firm enough so you know you've pressed the button.

I've only had my hands on it for half an hour, but so far it's looking/feeling like a nice purchase.

Soldato
2StepSteve said:
Is there a volume control?

Around the "knob" in the top-right you've got 4 double-ended buttons.
Starting with the upper most right and moving clockwise they control:

Vol up / Vol Down
Mute / Change keyboard light colour
Stop / Play&pause
Skip track down / Skip track up

Associate
I've also just recieved one today for a new PC I'm building. At work at the moment so haven't had the time to get it out of the box.

Soldato
stoofa said:
Around the "knob" in the top-right you've got 4 double-ended buttons.
Starting with the upper most right and moving clockwise they control:

Vol up / Vol Down
Mute / Change keyboard light colour
Stop / Play&pause
Skip track down / Skip track up

Thanks stoofa :)

Associate
Received my Eclipse II this morning. Plugged it in, tried it out but it was faulty :(

The QWER and UIOP keys were not functioning at all. I tried it on another PC and it was exactly the same. Called OCUK and was given RMA number so I returned it a couple of hours ago.

Let's hope this is just a one off and not a faulty batch....

Associate
garethrobinson1 said:
Received my Eclipse II this morning. Plugged it in, tried it out but it was faulty :(

The QWER and UIOP keys were not functioning at all. I tried it on another PC and it was exactly the same. Called OCUK and was given RMA number so I returned it a couple of hours ago.

Let's hope this is just a one off and not a faulty batch....

I got mine today , i will try it out later , hope mine is ok

Soldato
Well they are bright but not so bright you can't read them.
I haven't tried the keyboard in the dark yet as I've only had it since earlier this afternoon, I'll give that a try this evening.
However the "knob" you can see is a dimmer, so you can change the brightness of the glow.

Back
Top Bottom