How much do you drink a day/week ?

What you do class as a normal consumption of alcohol, recently I've started drinking, I was really stressed out in work a couple of weeks ago and decided that I'd purchase a few tins (Castlemain XXXX :o ) to chillout that night, I chilled :) , from that night I've enjoyd having a cold can of lagar when I get home at night from work while browsing over the OcUK forums, I find it helps me sleep better as well, is having a drink EVERY night a bit excessive,

Out of intrest how much do you guys drink ?

Soldato
1 drink a day is nowhere near excessive, it is very moderate. Drinking a glass of wine a day for example is supposed to be healthy. Excessive is 4-10 pints 3-4 times a week. I used to drink 3-4 pints 3 times a week in my 1st year but now I hardly ever drink, seem to only be drinking 3-4 drinks a week max now but I am going through a non alcohol phase lol.

Soldato
I doubt having a can or two every night, or every other night is doing you too much harm in the long run, they say binge drinking is the worst after all :D

I sometimes have a can/bottle myself in the evenings, but also being a student means im out pubbing/clubbing 3+ times a week, which cant be good for my liver...

Associate
Drinking every night is bad, you need to leave yourself at least a couple of nights a week of no booze.

I always find though whenever I have a crate in the house I'll drink 2 or 3 bottles every night until it's done. I am partial to a good whisky now and again though, it's not good for me I know, but it's lovely.

Caporegime
I work in a working mens club (men only too) and the amounts some of those drink IS excessive, some drink over 20 pints a day EVERY day.

So anything under that should be ok ;).

Adz

Adz

Soldato
2-3 cans a night - occasionally go out and have a few more. Aside from the issue of my expanding waistline I doubt it's doing me too much harm ;).

Caporegime
I used to drink a bottle a night, would normally start with a few shots at 6pm and have one every 15-20 mins up until i finished work at midnight and it was time to go, sometimes had lock-ins up until 4am now i drink once a week but when i drink i normally drink about a bottle to a bottle and a half.

i tried drinking lager for some reason my body doesnt agree with it so im stricly a spirits man, mainly vodka and aftershock

Last edited:
Soldato
1 - 2 bottles of wine a day (or equivalent in units for pints/cocktails/spirits). I work in a bar, and I drink far too much. I've been wasted every night bar about ten for the past 3-4 months. It's not good.

Soldato
Normally just buy some cans on a weekend, and a couple of times i go out for a pint or 2... if i buy 24 cans, ill go at em hammer and tongs, so i dont buy many at once lol ... i dont miss em if theyre not there (within reason ;) ), but occasionally fancy a few :D

Suspended
Over the past 8-10 days I've been drunk every single night bar last night, so that's probably around 5-10 pints a night, or the equivalent. A couple of nights have been more. It actually felt odd last night not to be drinking and going out!

It's mainly a fresher's week thing, though - going to parties, meeting new people, making new friends etc. I also have a lot of friends who've moved down to London, so there have been housewarmings and nights out there too. I fully expect things to slow down a bit now.

Back
Top Bottom