Another 'leccy bill mishap

Soldato
Well the leccy bill (estimate) came a while back for summer/early autumn time. It was much more than usual, which means no more 24 hour folding for either machine :(

And I'm so close to page 1 - I only need 400 points :mad: :(
Losing a place to Buxx in 3 days, and chicogb in 18.

Meh. What's the point really. Use up all the fossil fules and kill the environment while the politicians waste time failing to meet quotas.

Soldato
OP
Yeah cheers Z, saw your offer a while back. However, they're not purely folding rigs. Got two, the athlon xp (soon to be replaced by an 805d) for the family pc and opty 148 for myself. I'm on mine from when I get home till when I sleep (approximately :) ), but the xp isn't used nearly as much. So it seems silly really to run them all the time when it seems to be the cause of an unusually large bill.

The 805s draw a LOT of power, which isn't good for the cause.

Next year though... Well, I plan to fill all of my (meager) living space at uni with pcs. Going to be amazing :cool:

Caporegime
YOu wanna run my BBC CP machine? Dual xeon goodness turned off in my attic at home due to bills. :( And no way I am running it in my room at uni as its way too noisy. ;)

Soldato
OP
rich99million said:
Have you checked what the actual meter reading is to see if they've grossly overestimated it?
Too bad on losing the 24hr operation - it really does make a huge difference :o
Good call, I will get on that. 24hr is where it's at really, you get nothing done just using "idle" time. Even a relatively "power user" like me, it's only on for 5 hours or so, and is at gaming load for a fair bit of that (read gaming load as wasteful 100% load).

Changed to Scottish Power's purely hyrdroelectric service, should switch in a few weeks time. Doing our bit for the environment I feel.

Soldato
joeyjojo said:
Good call, I will get on that. 24hr is where it's at really, you get nothing done just using "idle" time. Even a relatively "power user" like me, it's only on for 5 hours or so, and is at gaming load for a fair bit of that (read gaming load as wasteful 100% load).

Changed to Scottish Power's purely hyrdroelectric service, should switch in a few weeks time. Doing our bit for the environment I feel.

You wont be saying that when they knock on your door with plans of replacing your house with the foundations of a new dam :D

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom