CPU-Z 1.38

Caporegime
I checked the BIOS and it says the memory is 800mhz, unless its because ive got all those settings still enabled that slow your machine down while your not doing anything, like the CPU EIST etc...

Strange as my games etc... seem fast enough, and it seems to be running right, get what id expect in 3D Marks etc... as well so i don't know what diff its making, if any. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
ns400r said:
Enter the bios.
Press Control&F1 to enable the hidden memory settings.
Enter the M.I.T. page and adjust the memory timings to your liking.
also don't forget tthat the geil needs +0.5VDIMM to work at the quoted timings.

Caporegime
Yeah ive seen the timings i need to change, but the Ram Voltage ive been told to change to +0.3, that be the DIMM OverVoltage Control setting ?, and also total noobness is that read as 0.300v in there, as ive been looking in there and theres a load, of diff settings, but only one saying 0.300v. :p

The settings are these ones in this screenshot here that says 4-5-5-15.

Thanks. :)

@VeNT, so ill need to change it to +0.5v, instead of the +0.3v. :confused:

Also waht would +0.5v be seen as in there, ive got an 0.050v, and theres also an 0.500v way down the list, its all confusing me this. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
VeNT said:
also don't forget tthat the geil needs +0.5VDIMM to work at the quoted timings.

Non, non et non.

The Geil memory is rated at 4.4.4.12 2.1v. To get 2.1v on the DS4 you only need to run the memory at +0.3000. It will be a purpleish color when selected. DIMM OverVoltage Control setting is the correct setting to alter to +0.3000v.

Last edited:
Soldato
ns400r said:
Non, non et non.

The Geil memory is rated at 4.4.4.12 2.1v. To get 2.1v on the DS4 you only need to run the memory at +0.3000. It will be a purpleish color when selected. DIMM OverVoltage Control setting is the correct setting to alter to +0.3000v.
however, I find that its not stable at 2.1 at those timing and that speed. this is from experience on two DS3/4 based PCs. both of them required 2.3 to run stable.

Soldato
VeNT said:
however, I find that its not stable at 2.1 at those timing and that speed. this is from experience on two DS3/4 based PCs. both of them required 2.3 to run stable.

odd i have the geil kit solid as a rock at 2.1 on these timings on the p5b board after all its what the chips are rated to run at. :confused: prehaps those boards dont provide what is stated and are just out slightly?

Back
Top Bottom