1st Watercooled Rig

Associate
OK guys, as the thread name suggests. I, with the help of Weescott decided i would build my 1st watercooled rig.

Parts avalible to me where:-

2 x Yate Loon 120mm (blue).
DD D4.
ThermoChill HE 120.1
AlphaCool nexxus.

I started out with a range of ideas, that went from using 80-120mm fan adaptors, to cutting holes and mouting in the roof of my case, but in the end decided (with the help of Weescott) that a "Custom" radbox was the way to go. It was a double bladed sword, 1/ i didnt have to "spoil" the aesthetics of my PC with pumps and rads etc hanging around. 2/ If anything went horribly wrong, the majority of the water was contained inside the radbox.

I started out, toying with numberous ideas for a radbox...And i wanted something i considered slightly diffrent. I opted for the 120 x 1 (Front) Sucking, 120 x 1 (Back) Exhausting, And the rad mounted on the side, pulling the air from the "Wind Tunnel" effect, out through the rad. Anyway i Went into the Shed, with a piece of MDF and started hacking and slashing it.....The end result was good, i am very pleased. Idle temps are around 27-28 while @ 2.5ghz. I plan on overclocking it some more in the future....

Anyways, after a long and drawn out process of obtaining parts etc, i finally got it finshed. Just a public thanks to Weescott, very helpful. Infact without him i dont think i could have done it !! So thanks dude...

The rest of you, here are some pics....

Thanks.

LowerSide.jpg

CloseupWaterblock.jpg

WindowMid.jpg

Associate
OP
That pic was taken this morning, since then i have filled the res to the top. For some stupid reason, i didnt when i installed it. There are still a few in the loop but not as many as in the that pic !!

-Vinny-

Back
Top Bottom