ETQW PB fix

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Think Ive got a fix for the ETQW - after you install the patch (either via ETQW or from FP) and rebooted, install this program:

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

Details of how to use it are here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Basically just add ETQW as one of your games and tell it to check for updates. You will notice it updates the PB client files for ETQW even though the patch supposedly updates them aswell.

pbsetupoc0.jpg

Once you have done that it should be smooth sailing - remember to enable PunkBuster in the server browser...

Ive had no kicks after 10mins or any real slowdown - if this doesnt work for you please include your setup details, your OS and a screenshot of the issue and Ill see if I can help...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
OMG didnt you know that already :p I have the pb.exe file in a pb folder and i usually use it once a week to update PB for all my games and specifically used it when the patch came out for ET:QW theres has been 2 updates for it since the patch release.

Last Kronin said:
OMG didnt you know that already :p I have the pb.exe file in a pb folder and i usually use it once a week to update PB for all my games and specifically used it when the patch came out for ET:QW theres has been 2 updates for it since the patch release.
Well thxs for telling us :S;)

I dont know if youve seen ALL of the ETQW threads complaining about this - might have been useful if you knew the fix to post perhaps :p

This is rumoured to be THE smallest offical map, so yes it gets a bit depressing if the strogg are camping in the emp with the cyclops, tank and various constructor deployables espically when the GDF dont use soldiers to take them out of xp hunting field ops just throwing arty every where but where its needed, but if you can find a good couple of ppl then the map can be fun

ps3ud0 said:
Well thxs for telling us :S;)

I dont know if youve seen ALL of the ETQW threads complaining about this - might have been useful if you knew the fix to post perhaps :p

I did post in the Beta fourm, but its somewhat obvious if your getting kicked by pb to update it or check your firewall

Sadly it isnt - at least half of the connections now get kicked unfortunately - considering the patch was meant to update pb - most would assume that they dont need to re-update it again...

Also still no official response how to fix it if it was that simple - but I think we are used to that from devs...

I dno if Ill get the game - I think you really need a good team to make it work...

ps3ud0 said:
I dno if Ill get the game - I think you really need a good team to make it work...

I won't be getting it... Its battlefield. Its not quake, who is to blaim for game dev's creating this repeated style of game.. Bf2/142, COD4 etc etc?

Will probobly be cancelling my pre-order, the game is garbage now due to the players camping and constant use of art and vehicles.. Ok its how you win but its not Quake.. its not fun imo.

I nevre played Quake so i cant mention anything about that, however i do play Enemy Territory and this has some of the same aspects and like in ET all you really need is 3-4 ppl who know what to do to complete the obj, but i understand what you mean about poor teamplay, the amount of ppl who run away from you while your trying to heal/reapir or give ammo to is unreal :eek:

Jaffa_Cake said:
I won't be getting it... Its battlefield. Its not quake, who is to blaim for game dev's creating this repeated style of game.. Bf2/142, COD4 etc etc?

Will probobly be cancelling my pre-order, the game is garbage now due to the players camping and constant use of art and vehicles.. Ok its how you win but its not Quake.. its not fun imo.

:confused:

COD 4 isn't gonna have any vehices in mp.

How did you know? - damn witch!!!

Only a teeny bit ;):p

Though Im jaded with the latest patch and how people are playing - I guess the fast pace really helps regular players while for new players they just hate it from the world go since its not just a fragfest...

Try disabling/switching off your anti-virus - heard rumours it helps with such lag...

or

delete the PB folder from this tree:

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Enemy Territory Quake Wars Public Beta

and use the pbsetup to update PB again...

or

If on Vista run it with Windows SP2 compatibility mode...

EDIT: Actually try the PB folder removal first - should work...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom