Anywaty to upgrade from Vista 32 bit to 64 bit (OEM)

Soldato
I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit OEM .. now I have 4 gigs though want to go to 64 bit version ...

is there any-way other than buying another OEM licence - ie buying Vista 64 oem ...

I presume 32 bit licence code/key would not work if I got hold of a OEM 64 bit disk ?

thanks, Mark.

Associate
Aaah. I was in a similar position.

So if I was to buy a Vista 64bit OEM, could I just reinstall over Vista 32bit OEM with the original keycode? And could I sell on the Vista 32bit CD with the unused keycode??

Soldato

So if I was to buy a Vista 64bit OEM, could I just reinstall over Vista 32bit OEM with the original keycode? And could I sell on the Vista 32bit CD with the unused keycode??
Possibly, but don't take my word for it(!) There must be easier ways of obtaining the disc without buying a new license.

Soldato

Best way is to take advantage of the fact that the license allows you to run either version. Simply pay for the replacement disks from MS, or borrow a copy for a friend - install with your code and you're away - you might even be able to do it over the net through the Anytime Upgrade thingy?

Man of Honour

You're not supposed to sell any OEM copies that have had the cellophane wrapper removed.

Also, you can get replacement media here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

Burnsy

Associate
So has anyone bought oem 32bit vista and later reformatted and installed the 64bit using the oem key off the 32bit version that was bought? Can this be done? It wasnt made clear.
Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers dude. Just to get 100% clear. Did u have the 32bit version installed and activated and then installed and activated the 64bit?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom