First attempt at water cooling:)

Associate
Well what started out as a new MB and cpu, ended up selling the lot and starting again.

And then my wife said, if you want to water cool it, do it. Now I realise why I married her!

Here's a rough guide to what I bought:

Silverstone TJ07
MSI K9A Platinum
AMD 6000 @ 3.4Ghz
2 x Saphire 2900Pro 1024MB (flashed bios to 850/1000)
3GB Geil PC6400C4
Antec Quattro 850W PSU
Creative Fatal1y (from old PC)
2 x Samsung Spinpioint T 500GB (RAID 0)
Icydock Sata II (3 drive bays) Cradle
Dell E248WFP 24" TFT
Creative Gigaworks 5.1G500
Creative Fatal1y Gaming Headset

Cooling:
1 x Black ICE GT Stealth 240 XFlow Double Radiator
1 x Thermochill PA120.3
1 x Alphacool 3.5" Reservoir
2 x EK-FCR600 Crossfire Blocks
1 x Laing D5 Vario 12V Pump
1 x Swiftech Apogee GT Extreme
1 x Swiftech MCW Northbridge Block
1 x DangerDen Fillport
2 x Feser One UV Fluid

Performance Info: (temps are with overclocking)

3DMark06: 13103
CPUTemp Idle: 32 (max mid 40's)
Grfx idle: 37 (max 50ish)

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0042.JPG

Its not quite finished yet, but I wanted to get some pics up. Hope ya like it:)

Associate
OP
Yeah I know I know. it all started when I had an Opteron 144 (1.8) running at 2.8.

A mate pointed out the AMD6000 and how cheap it was to do a simple upgrade. However, after swapping out the board, cpu and mem, I then decided to get a 2900Pro. Then another one, then a new PSU, then new HD's, ANOTHER new case, a new TFT, new sound system and then water cooling. You can see how this spiraled out of control.

So I blame my mate and he knows it. However I would like to thank my wife who encouraged me to buy more and build a PC that was gonna last 2 years that I would be happy with. God bless her!

Associate
Very neat job, especially as it's your first attempt at watercooling. Nice temps too ;)

Why 2 Radiators? Surely the PA120.3 is big enough to cool that rig on it's own?

P

Associate
OP
had the space for it and I was going to run two loops initially, but the second pump took ages to turn up so I tried it out on one loop. All seems to be ok, and I'd rather have too much cooling than not enough;)

Man of Honour
However I would like to thank my wife who encouraged me to buy more and build a PC that was gonna last 2 years that I would be happy with. God bless her!

How the hell did you manage that? You are a lucky man to have such an understanding wife.

Every time the delivery man pulls up outside my house all i seem to get is "now what have you ordered?" I just keep telling her it's just a couple of fans or cables while legging it upstairs with a big bag or box of goodies. She must think i have a lot of cables and fans. ;)

Nice rig by the way.

Back
Top Bottom