File Download: Core Temp that runs on Vista x64

Associate
Hi all, I dunno if you have all already done this, but I couldnt find it pre packaged anywhere. I pulled together the vista x64 hack for core temp and wrote a batch file to execute it all on system startup so you dont have to do it manually if like me, you just want it running in your systray all the time. Simply unzip to C:\Program Files (x86)\CoreTemp\CoreTemp-0.95.4-VistaX64 and put a shortcut to coretemp-startup.bat in your startup folder - you may need to set this shortcut to run as administrator.

http://billytheimpaler.teamhackaday.com/CoreTemp20withVista64hack.zip

Many thanks to BillytheImpaler for hosting this for me

In addition, if you havnt already, you'll need to allow windows to run unsigned drivers, by default it wont. 2 options, you can do it by pressing F8 each time you boot and allow unsigned drivers from the boot menu, or, to avoid that simply run this
bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
in a cmd window

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe just me doing something silly but cant get this to work -get an error that drivers fail to load. Also winzip doesn't let me extract to the folder you mention. What am I doing wrong?

Associate
OP
Its Vista protection thats messing around. It wont let you unzip files into the windows or program files directory or run unsigned drivers. Turn off system file protection, or unzip it somewhere and copy it in to program file ( I think that'll work) and to allow unsigned drivers run this in a cmd prompt

bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

edit: I just remembered, depending on how you have vista set up, you may need to set the sortcut you create in startup to run as administrator. I didnt have to, but I just set it up on another machine and I had to on that one

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for that

I have unzipped the file to the desktop and then moved it manually and I have run that line in cmd prompt to no avail - still get the same problem when I run coretemp. Error says this:

The driver has failed to load!
Some information will not be available

Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom