Q6600 Coretemp, do i need to Reseat HSF?

Caporegime
i fitted a Q6600 ysterday with an AC7 Pro HSF and some AS5 compound.

i have oc'ed to 8x400 @ 1.29vcore effective in bios.

my Coretemp idles:

0: 46
1: 44
2: 40
3: 40

under dual orthos set affinity to run over both pairs of quads:

0: 63
1: 63
2: 61
3: 61

does this look like misapplied AS? should i be worried or is that okay? my case temps have gone up since installing the Q6600 and new mobo, maybe to do with the nb temps/

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
seems ok to me, how did you apply as5? line or spread??

i got some thin cling filmy type stuff, pulled tight across my finger, put a dab onto the cpu and spread it out with my finger all over the core really really thinly. This stuff seems much "thicker" in its compound and more difficult to spread than the old AS1 i had from waybackwhen.

ive used cards before on old A64 jobs but found it more precise to do it with a finger!

That's about as good as it usually gets.

mm toasty! its only with a few volts i read of people using 1.5v, what temps/cooling must they have?

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Stick with Core Temp.

It's starting to look like it may be reading temps a littler higher than they really are, but most people use it and that makes it a very handy tool for comparing your set-up with others.

Associate
The temps look fine to me and it isnt really that hot. Quads run hotter and can handle it. Under normal computer use i don't think the load temps would ever reach that high.. Use the latest version of Prime95 and you won't need to open two separate programs.

Last edited:
Soldato
i got some thin cling filmy type stuff, pulled tight across my finger, put a dab onto the cpu and spread it out with my finger all over the core really really thinly. This stuff seems much "thicker" in its compound and more difficult to spread than the old AS1 i had from waybackwhen.

Dunno how well that works, but AS have instructions on how to apply it.

Back
Top Bottom