Blending with Makunouchi: Meal Replacement Shake

Soldato
As promised heres the thread. I'll say first of all that ive looked at no recepies or anything online, this is just me chucking stuff in a blender.

So i went out yesterday and bought a blender from John Lewis, the brand is 'Kitchen Aid', its really heavy and solid and well made, cost me £105 but hopefully it will last forever. Here it is:
dsc01723tb0.jpg

When i got it home yesterday i made the oat flour out of porrige oats, im sure they are exactly the same thing as the 'fine rolled oats' they talk about on suppliment sites. This is the bag, Sainsburys Taste the Difference porrige oats, the flour is inside as you can see, i used 1 and a half scoops of this:
dsc01724te4.jpg

Heres the Whey protein i use, just bulk chocolate impact whey protein from MyProtein (creatine next to it), i used a scoop of this:
dsc01725ot3.jpg

I also added a handful of nuts and half a banana:
dsc01726cy4.jpg

This is the size scoop i use, i really dont know the weight of it or volume, but you can kind of see from this picture, its what? maybe half a cup or something? Killa Ken would know i guess:
dsc01727co4.jpg

Heres all the ingredients in the blender, looks tasty doesnt it? hehe:
dsc01729jt8.jpg

While im busy blending, why dont you look at these cats?:
dsc01728fm9.jpg

Heres the finished deal:
dsc01730lk8.jpg

It tastes pretty good actually, like an old fashioned Tracker bar, if anyone remembers those. I guess the chocolate flavouring from the whey makes it taste better but tbh i think it would be fine without, maybe add more fruit or a bit of honey or something, also i added water (about two thirds of a pint) and i guess you could use milk. You have to drink this stuff pretty fast as obviously the heavier bits tend to sink to the bottom quite fast.

Well thats it, can anyone hazzard a guess at how many calories that lot is? I know its hard without the scoop measurements but id appreciate it if someone could at least guess.

Last edited:
your looking at 227ish cals from the oats and protein then 60 for the banana and maybe 150 for the nuts so around 340cal for the whole shake, I would probably up the oats to 2 scoops and make it with milk if I was aiming for more cals

I had a steak tonight. it was good. Tomorrow im going to the gym but atleast i know my Pooo is going to be well formed un like yours with those shakes....

I really dont understand? could you enlighten me?

Back
Top Bottom