Gaming Spec Samples

Associate
This is just to help people looking for a custom build with specific budget. Can guarantee this is probably the best you can get for the price at the moment :)

1. Intel ~ £400

2. AMD ~ £400

3. Intel ~ £600

4. AMD ~ £600

5. Intel ~ £800

6. If money isn't an issue...

Some notes:

- You can swap the harddrive to WD Black, Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 or Samsung SpinPoint F1 based on your preference.

- I do not recommend getting Palit graphics cards because of their awful cooling which often causes dead memory controllers in short period of time.

- I will answer all questions you may come across :D

- Do not get GTX 285 - the card is extremely overpriced, overclocks bad, and is only 2-3 FPS better than stock GTX 275, and even losing to it in some games when both cards overclocked. (I prefer 4890 over both, though)

- Of course consider waiting for the new 58xx radeon cards that are coming out soon

Last edited:
Permabanned
There used to be a thread on this, but unless you have the time to update these every week theyll be out of date again
curious as to why after first intel build you dont use NVidia again? Should at lest mention the option 4890=275 sort of thing

Associate
OP
i used 4890 because it's £25-£30 cheaper than 275.
And ATI drivers do not suck, however, if you prefer nvidia, feel free to change the graphics card :)

Permabanned
lol, sry drake I thought digi7al's reply was from you, nvm#
yeah I understand including the 4890, was just curious, particuarly with the last option "money not important" why you hadnt gone 275/285 or anything, thats cool
good work

Associate
no my point was youve only used 4890, you havent used 275, also ATI drivers dont suck, and if you cant keep biased opinions to yourself you shouldnt really be doing a thread like this

Excellent thread mate. This will help me dramatically when i update my new rig very soon. Cheers. BTW Ati drivers don't suck and keep your biased opinions to yourself if you don't have anything positive to say. PEACE. (Bookmarked tbh)

Associate
Excellent thread mate. This will help me dramatically when i update my new rig very soon. Cheers. BTW Ati drivers don't suck and keep your biased opinions to yourself if you don't have anything positive to say. PEACE. (Bookmarked tbh)
My last three cards were nvidia 7900gs ati 3870 then nvidia 8800gts
i found catalysy drivers always took longer to arrive and i did not like the features that were lacking i am far from biased and had the price mot been the same i would have went 4890, but seeing as the 275 has the 4890 licked in most real world gaming benches i saw no point paying for a card that cost more and offered less, yes i could have got the powercolor but the fan would have needed changed from what i read adding more cost

Back
Top Bottom