Things to do in Paris!

Commissario
The Mrs is kindly taking me to Paris via the Eurostar for my 21st next week, and we're staying at her Uncle's flat in the centre of Paris.

We're definitely going to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame, however is there anything else that you guys would recommend seeing?

I definitely want to see the Renault Showroom!!

Soldato
Arc Du Triomphe, picassos museum was quite interesting, the Louvre, sacre Coeur,

I bought a Paris pass before i went and it definitely saved me money. Includes metro tickets, tickets for bus tour, coupons for food, river cruise (which starts from Eiffel Tower) and more

Also there is a lovely restaurant to the right of Notre Dame (if you're looking at it). A little pricy but the food was really good

I recommend seeing the tower at night. not as many tourists and the view is amazing. Also on the hour every hour the lights twinkle up the tower :D (i missed it though as i was in the lift going down :rolleyes:)

Also i walked all the way from the Louvre to the Arc Du Triomphe and that was pretty good lol. although i was definitely tired afterwards!!

Associate
There is loads to do...

Go to monmartre, the square is great for an expensive lunch and a look at the artists wares, then pop into the Sacre Couer, very nice church.

The Louvre, thats a day or 2.

Pompidou Centre has an "interesting" exhibition at the moment all Female atists, and most of it very strange.

Head to Bastille and catch a Theatre production.

Failing that you could always take me for a beer...I am bored out of my mind working here at the moment :)

edit: in response to the above post, Musee Picasso is now closed until 2012 for refurb.

edit 2: Musee D'orsay is good as well.

Caporegime
There's lots to do there, if you like museums, sight seeing, etc.

The things I went to see:

Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Louvre
Arc De Triomphe
Pantheon
Sainte Chapelle
Sacre Coeur plus more, but I can't remember.

There's quite a few nice restaurants and bars there as well, including Cafe de Flore (expensive though), Harry's New York Bar, The China Club and many others. There's also the only Mcdonald's in the world with a silver 'M', but I doubt you'd be interested in that. :p

Caporegime
Oh yeah, forgot about Disneyland.

It's pretty good, although my experience wasn't as nice as expected seeing as I wore a t-shirt when it was freezing cold. I remember going on the Pirates of the Caribbean boat ride a lot due to it being warm. :p

Associate
At night go to the top of the Montparnasse tower, ugly 60 storey skyscraper in the south of the city. You can go on the roof. The view is spectacular and you can see the Eiffel Tower lit up in all it's splendour.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I recommend going up the Eiffel Tower once during the day and once at night. You definitely won't regret it :)

Soldato
We just got back from Paris last Thursday. I would definitely recommend the Eiffle Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Panthion, Sacre Coeur, the Zoo, one of the river cruises and Disneyland. Apart from getting engaged along the Siene the highlight for us was definitely Disneyland and the Zoo. The Eiffle Tower at night is really nice but freezing. The weather last week was mostly warm and sunny so hopefully it will be the same for you!

As already mentioned the Paris Visite(?) pass is worth every penny, it's great not having to worry about buying tickets.

Back
Top Bottom