PSP Go?

Soldato
Anyone going for one?

Fancied a PSP for a while but just wondered it its worth waiting for the new one. It does look nicer, but does anyone know what the prices the games are? I know its download only, but are they going to charge RRP for old games. For example God of War £5-8 2nd hand at a LGS for the PSP norm, or £25 for download for the new GO even though its the same game?

Soldato
sony have said they intend to design a way in which UMD owners can convert the content on the flash cards (or something) so the price disparity will be irrelevant as you'd just buy the second hand one and transfer it.

edit: it's still not worth the price, just get a 3000 second hand when all the muppets who can't resist new tech get ripped off for the same thing

XPE

XPE

Soldato
If you really want one i would go for the 3000, its got a bigger screen and better battery life and you can pick up 2nd hands games for it nice and cheap.

Soldato
I was considering it, but it's not worth it when the prices of the 3000s are going to drop like a stone.

Also i've learnt that GT:pSP sucks.

Caporegime
They said they were going to announce what the plan was for UMD owners to get their existing games onto PSP GO! before launch. 1 weekish away and still no news.

I suspect there will be some sort of last minute announcement of a delay and you will not be able to get UMD games transferred to PSP GO!, apart from a few hand picked titles that Sony have "converted" for which they will give you a redeemable code once you send in a UMD or something?

rp2000

Soldato
OP
Think you are right rp2k, looks like Sony have pulled the plug due to copyright issues meaning you are going to have to buy direct from the sony store and the prices are going to be very high compared to UMD on the old system/

Shame.

Soldato
I can see this flopping to be honest, especially with the standard PSP still being sold alongside it. Are people really going to buy the more-expensive version and lose the ability to buy cheap/pre-owned UMD games? Of course, most casual users won't realise the prices of the games until after they've bought it, but then that may well mean they just don't bother buying many games for it.

Soldato
Haha. This is just one long mess.

First we learn that GT:pSP, the Go's launch title, that's been years in the making, is just an arcade racer. No career mode. All this time and we get the equivalent of a Prologue.

Now they're going to make us drop all our old UMD games and re-buy them if we want to play them on the Go. No damn chance. I might have been convinced at the right price to swap to a Go but there's no way now.

I'll get a cheap 3000 off somebody silly enough to sell theirs for a Go.

Caporegime
I don't think the people who are going to buy a PSPGo! are stupid, or foolish. If they don't have a PSP and a library of games already then this is a great, new little toy for them to play with. If however they bought a PSP-3000 less than a year ago and have 20 or so UMD's then that's kinda dumb. Also, I watched the vid over at GB which showed GT and no Gran Turismo mode. Maybe in the released version this will be added? At least I'm hoping so. I was also told the Top Gear track would be making an appearance but there was no mention of it in the video when they cycled through the tracks. If it is just going to be an arcade mode then I'll be disappointed, but I'll still play the game to death for sure.

Soldato
They said they were going to announce what the plan was for UMD owners to get their existing games onto PSP GO! before launch. 1 weekish away and still no news.

I suspect there will be some sort of last minute announcement of a delay and you will not be able to get UMD games transferred to PSP GO!, apart from a few hand picked titles that Sony have "converted" for which they will give you a redeemable code once you send in a UMD or something?

rp2000
Sorry RP:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14964022&postcount=158

Caporegime

I Wasn't far off!! Last minute ditching of the plans and giving people some games (the 3 free digital games deal).

I cannot think who would buy a PSP Go! who already has a PSP tbh. I would say the whole thing is going to be a flop BUT people buy these ipods and other psuedo games playing devices for 200+ so I am sure some of those people will buy PSP GO!

I don't have any PSP now, but if I was buying new, the single thing putting me off the GO! is how close the price is to the PS3 tbh.

rp2000

Associate
I have had the difficult choice as to if I want, but in the end I think it is the right choice for me.

I still have a psp 1000 for older games that are cheaper on umd.

Newer games, or ps1 titles I will download and play on the Go.

Seems the best solution.

Soldato
I don't have any PSP now, but if I was buying new, the single thing putting me off the GO! is how close the price is to the PS3 tbh.

It is over-priced. I sometimes list 'all consoles, buy it now, newly listed' and I've seen a brand new PSP 3000 for £84 and a used 2000 for £30 :eek: which lasted about 1 minuted before being sold. The worst thing is going to be when you want old PSP games that will be 2 for £20 in any high-street shop or even cheaper in small game shops an auction sites but when you look on PSN they will be £20-30 each

Back
Top Bottom