Does anyone else think iPhone 3.1 is awful!

My iphone fully locks up on a daily basis and the music sputters easily with open programs.

I have to say I update to each release and for me personally this is awful.
I also get connectivity problems with iphone & Itunes although this may be resolved with itunes 9.0.1.

Either way the iphone OS release is buggy for me.

Soldato
I've had no problem with 3.1... infact, I've not really noticed much difference with anything since the update :\ Was pretty pointless in my opinion :p

Associate
Mines been a bit sluggish lately and had a few lock ups. My battery also seems to be going down a lot more, though think that's probably down to playing games more often whilst i've been on the tube in london! Generally speaking I get through the day and recharge every night, not ideal but it works.

Soldato
I've only had two issues with it.
First - the a dropped call but that could also be the bad signal area here, I've had dropped calls on other mobiles/operators.
Second - I've had the comatosed iPhone once, the phone works (home button etc) but the touch screen fails to work.

Associate
same here i think its VERY fast and battery life sucks.. and actually my emails on btconnect send instantly now where as before a small wait,, (really really)

Commissario
From what I've read, a lot of the battery issues could be down to push. Turn off push and the battery drains an awful lot slower. Of course, push is one of the best things about the new version so there's no way I'm turning it off!

3.0 wasn't as bad though so it needs fixing if this is the cause.

Associate
yep ive mentioned in othes threads i hate the 3.0 battery from 2.21 and locks ups ,, even on my 3g i am using a 3gs now 32gb and its VERY nice fast but battery it crap despite it supposed better, i have tried push on/off it doesnt help enuff so yes left it on..

just make sure i have charger to hand..lol

Soldato
From what I've read, a lot of the battery issues could be down to push. Turn off push and the battery drains an awful lot slower. Of course, push is one of the best things about the new version so there's no way I'm turning it off!

3.0 wasn't as bad though so it needs fixing if this is the cause.

Good point - I don't use push or notifications, so my experience is a fast phone with a couple of days battery life depending on use.

Soldato
battery drain is as poor as ever, but i just have chargers at home, work, laptopbag, overnight bag and carry a cable in my suit so i can just about live with that.

the thing that really annoys me is the multiple crashes i now get each day. Not a day goes by where i'll check an email, listen to a voicemail and put it on standby as it goes in my pocket and when i next go to use it find its shut down all on its own.

Soldato
same here not had a single thing wrong with it and am still getting 3 days out of the battery with heavy use
Wait what?! I've only ever been able to get one day out of my iPhone :eek:
I have to charge it every night - how the hell are you getting a whole 3 days out of it :eek:

Soldato
3 days with heavy use? If I use mine for a couple of games, a few phone calls, general browsing and a bit of maps navigation then i'm lucky to get 1 day out of it!

I charge mine every night my default, just plug it into the wall overnight :(

Back
Top Bottom