Old VHS tapes

Associate
I have been recently helping my dad sort out his attic which is full of junk and I came across a big box of my old VHS tapes. Some are proper movies and some are recorded stuff from TV.

I don’t really want to throw them away but I don’t want to keep then. What the heck do I do with them?

Associate
If you dont have a VHS player then you might as well chuck the lot, unless of course you find any rare/expensive videos in there then stick them on ebay and make a few quid for you and your old man.

Soldato
Buy a bow and some arrows, and use them for target practice. Bonus points are awarded for persuading local youths to help you recreate the William Tell legend.

Last edited:
Soldato
I recently had to take about 5 dozen good quality tapes to the tip. I tried maybe 5 or 6 charity shops and none take VHS anymore.

I chucked the single tapes into the waste but left the box sets ( black adder,bottom, red dwarf etc ) at the side in case anyone wanted them. I now have everything on DVD or divx anyway :p

Soldato
I just cant bear to throw Red Dwarf away, I couldn't so that with bottom or Black adder either. It would feel like a travesty. Even though I also have most on the PC.

Depends on the size of your house. I have a room we don't use that has a wall of book shelves and I have no books. :D

Soldato
our local videoshop was giving them away when you rented DVD he said he couldn't even give them away.

Best of luck.

However after reading this thread I didn't know there were value to some VHS tapes. Which ones and I'll see if my DVD shop has them :p

Soldato
They are worthless. Ebay might sell you 1 of 2 for 50p. There was a thread on here recently asking this and someone took a load of VHS tapes to a car boot sale and sold 1 of 2 for 20p I think then binned the rest.

Soldato
You can buy VCRs that record to DVD/HDD.

The problem is that the quality is usually so poor you could download and make one your self that would be better, and tbh if I owned the VHS I wouldn't feel that guilty. But I suppose if it is rare or something.

My mate spent 2 weeks recording all his vynal to his PC and naming each track.

Back
Top Bottom