• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX 5870 RMA/return questions

Associate
Hey i have a XFX 5870 and it needs to be RMA'd, The card is about 1 week old and has already become obsolete, my question is would it be possible to return the card and swap it for a different 5870 brand? thanks :D

If it's a week old, try and get it returned under the distance selling regulations, you should be able to sort out a swap under those circumstances.

Why is it that you'd want a different brand though? What's the actual issue with the card?

obsolete is the wrong word surely? you mean broken? Obsolete would imply you've found something better.

I got the impression that it doesn't clock as well as he hoped or something, which is why he chose the word obsolete. Unconscious truth coming through? :p

edit: yes sorry bad grammar FTL

its getting artifacts in games and even while idle on my desktop which all season to point to memory overheating but when i check with GPU-Z temps seem good around 50 max load, i was just wondering if it would be possible to do it that's all :). the reason i want to swap is because i always wanted an asus but the XFX's lifetime warranty won me over, but iv found out the life time warranty is not for Europe customers, this means that i only get a max of 2 years warranty with the XFX and the Asus comes with the 3 years warranty, so i just feel as if im missing out. thank you for the fast reply's

Distance goods act won't be an option as its been over 7 days by the sounds of it :(

7 Working days, so you don't include weekends. It leaves the potential of 11 days if you receive the item on a friday, for example, the Saturday and Sunday aren't counted in the 7 working days, so it goes from Monday. 7 days including Monday again discounting the next Saturday and Sunday, the following tuesday is the day you'd have up to.

Yea they test it etc then issue a refund.

I really wouldn't faff about trying to p/x over the phone. If you have to do it for genuine reasons, do it, buy another seperately, problem solved? :)

I have sorted it with the overclockers staffs, thank you everyone for the help, and big thanks to those awesome lads overclockers best customer support by far, keep up the good work! :D

Back
Top Bottom