Corsair Obsisdian 800D Build (pics)

Soldato
Just received my 800D a few hours ago and just finished putting everything inside it about 30 minutes ago. I also bought windows 7 and a samsung f1 HDD to install it on.

I'll be buying a new MB,GPU,CPU and PSU in feb. So, this set up is just temp. Cable management doesn't have to be perfect.

I took all the parts out of my Antec 902 and put them in the 800D. The 800D is massive. It dwarfs the 900. Its quiet scary to be honest.

Heres what my 900 looked like. Cable management for this case is horrible.

33ykxtu.jpg

and all the parts inside the 800D.

bdulq9.jpg

Finished product. Well kinda, I'll be buying new parts in feb. Cable management doesn't have to be perfect right now. Can't wait to get a modular PSU!

2mqtiea.jpg

Ignore the desk. I painted it black but it started to chip. Getting a new desk on monday.

xerdyg.jpg

Comparison

96w9ky.jpg

and one thing that upset me was the power cable for the hot swappable drives. The top one didn't want to go in. I didn't want to force it in as the other ones went in no problem.

2hfhx0j.jpg

This case is a dream to work with. Everything was so simple. Although, the manual it came with was pretty much useless. I spent a good 10 minutes figuring out how to put in the dvd drive..

Now I just have to wait till feb to buy all new parts. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It is expensive and I did take a hard long think before buying it. I don't regret anything now that I have it though.

Heres my full list. I might change the GPU and PSU come feb.. but this is pretty much what I'll be buying. Already have the case, w7 and HDD.

234sid.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can someone spec me some lights to put inside the case? Its really dark inside the 800D. Would like some lights in there.

Also, what fans should I get for the top? theres space for 3 fans.

Thanks.

Soldato
I would go with a blue and white theme, as it goes wiht your motherboard. Blue fans that don't light up, with some white cathodes. maybe blue cable braid.

Associate
Looks crap atm tbh .. but its gonna look mint when its all done
I just ordered the same case 1 min b4 midnight ;)
Ill be watching this thread with interest
Still not sure what MB to get for my project but Blue and white looks cool :p

Soldato
Like Lecro said mate, I will be keeping an eye on this my self, I love 800d builds. I wouldn't worry about the cable at the bottem for the time bein, you cant really see them anyway.

And from what Lecro said, I'm guessin he means the conponments them selfs. Colour and heatsink etc :p

Anyways mate, I'm happy for you, good luck with your new parts mate, If you need any help with your build or questions on what parts to get, you got my email adress ;) (Pssshhh, its in the trust :p)

Associate
Yea psu cables are the worse ..
wasn't really a put down as its all gonna be different lol

JFMI is there a specific reason your getting an extension psu cable ?
ive seen others with this case getting the same :confused:

Soldato
OP
Yea psu cables are the worse ..
wasn't really a put down as its all gonna be different lol

JFMI is there a specific reason your getting an extension psu cable ?
ive seen others with this case getting the same :confused:

My psu has a short power cable and I need an extension for it. To be honest, even with the extension cable, it was still a too small. Just barely made it. :D

Associate
i never really realised how big that d800 case was, but now that i see your mobo in it, it sort of stroke me. i'm going to buy a case soon, its between the silverstone FT0B1-W or corsair d800, i have yet to make up my mind on that... hmmm

Back
Top Bottom