Demons Souls Euro Release

Soldato
OP
Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition

King Allant the XII, the last king of Boletaria, searched tirelessly to expand his might. The Nexus, a great ice shrine nestled in the mountains, bestowed the power of the souls onto him, bringing prosperity to his kingdom. Still unsated, he returned again to the Nexus, where he foolishly awakened the Old One from its eternal slumber. This long forgotten evil, now wrought upon Boletaria, plunged the realm into darkness and fog. A mighty demon horde poured into the kingdom, devouring the souls of men.

Champions from other realms learned of Boletaria's fate and sought to deliver the kingdom from evil; none would return from the cursed land. Called upon by a mysterious maiden in black, you go forth, the last hope for humanity in a place lost to demons and darkness...

Ultimate hardcore RPG challenge -- In this brutal land, death is inevitable, but not final. Combining the best features of an action game and RPG, you'll slice, smash, shoot, and ensorcel some of the most horrible, vicious enemies ever encountered. Are you strong enough to face the impossible and win?

Groundbreaking online capabilities -- Network features go far beyond any previous RPG, allowing players to leave hints for each other, replay death scenes, cooperatively revive dead players, or invade another player's game to wreak havoc. Not merely an add-on feature, multiplayer options are vast, and uniquely focused on changing and intensifying the single player experience.

Freeform and flexible -- The open-ended structure of the game means that there is no single path, but rather a wealth of options. Set your own pace and progress as you like. Build exactly the character you want by creating a detailed avatar, nurturing the right stats, and customizing your skills and equipment.

You act, the world reacts -- The World Tendency system changes the aggressiveness of monsters and the rewards for killing them based on players' actions. Different events and NPCs may be triggered, as well.

Phantom Edition Contains:

Artbook

Soundtrack CD

Soldato
I had the Asian version and loved it. Sold it a month or 2 ago for BC2, I don't see the point in having games sat around doing nothing!

Will definitely buy it again in the future but I'll just go for whichever versions is cheapest as I never saw a difference in using the Asian version!

Great game for anyone considering it, be prepared to die a lot though!

Associate
But hasn't everyone who really wanted to play it already imported it?
Not everyone but a lot will have. I chose not to based on not wanting to buy the game twice which I'd have had to in order to accomplish supporting RPG's in europe so I wasn't going to waste money importing.
About time they finally got it sorted though but it's sad Sony didn't bother. Useless Sony. Oh well so anyone know how much the limited edition will cost?

Soldato
Not everyone but a lot will have. I chose not to based on not wanting to buy the game twice which I'd have had to in order to accomplish supporting RPG's in europe so I wasn't going to waste money importing.

So if they hadn't released it here you would made yourself miss out on a game you wanted to play? Very valiant, but I fail to see the point.

Not looking for an argument, or having a pop, just curious.

Associate
So if they hadn't released it here you would made yourself miss out on a game you wanted to play? Very valiant, but I fail to see the point.

Not looking for an argument, or having a pop, just curious.
No I'd have just waited till there was evidently no chance of it coming (or very very little chance). If it was definitely not coming then there'd be no reason to hold out but I know some games just take a while like this one so I was merely patient. Like I said I didn't want to buy it twice and my primary choice was to support it in europe so only if that wasn't possible would I import it.

Soldato
Me either :)

Looking forward to it, although the unforgiving nature of the game is putting me off a bit.

Its not as hard as many make out, its certainly grind-able to help out new players and death isnt the end of the game its just another aspect you can and should move on from.

You just have to be patient, the rpg elements are a bot slow to reward and the action elements are tricky to master.

Just takes a while to get into the flow of things and at times does suffer from RPG-nerd-itis.

-hey this item has +2 attack thats so unbalanced!
-your right, lets add -10 defence, -100 health, -50 magic, +kitten death upon use.
-thats much better, i would hate an unbalanced weapon to spoil my anti-social elitism.

Soldato
Ergh, now I'm torn between this and RDR :(

I'm still in two minds about this and a bit worried that the difficulty might put me off. It looks so good though, especially the boss fights, of which there are many. I was a big fan of WoW boss fights (I know, silly comparison...) where you had an euphoric feeling of success after taking a 25-man boss down on the fifth, tenth, twentieth attempt. I miss that feeling.

Back
Top Bottom