Boogie Bug AimB.Pad XL Gaming Mouse Pad + washing machine=WIN

Soldato
Well survived it's trip through the washing machine yet again and it looks just like new.If you own one and want it to gleam put it in your quickest cold cycle with some decent colour washing powder, mine is 30 minutes cold wash and spin cycle, Put it in the airing cupboard to dry for 4-5 hours and it looks brill just take it out the washing machine as soon as it's finished and lay it flat or draped to avoid creasing the foam.

Thought i'd share this as boogie bug don't seem to care about there customers i've sent them 4 mails in the last month asking if these are still in production and will be shipped any time soon and got no reply.

Soldato
Got a mint one (except for a tad of dust) sitting on my desk. I love it! There's certainly a hole in the market for something similar and so well priced right now.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Soldato
OP
Got a mint one (except for a tad of dust) sitting on my desk. I love it! There's certainly a hole in the market for something similar and so well priced right now.

Thanks for sharing OP.

TBH it's the only mat i've ever found at a reasonable price that will hold my G13,Keyboard and G500 and the mouse works great on the surface.

Hope they get some more out at some point as i would really like to keep a spare around just in case.

Soldato
When I ordered mine, they were such a fantastic price I ordered 2 because I knew I'd wear it out at some point unable to replace it. The tubes are also an ideal height to hold up some shelving on my desk :D

Associate
I've also ordered two, unfortunately that was about 6 weeks ago. Its nice to know they can be washed and cleaned easily though!

Associate
Sorry to bump at old post but does this definitely work? Mine has some white marks on it that I want to get rid of but generally it is quite clean. I just don't want to ruin it as these are thing on the ground!

Soldato
just did this, my washing machine only goes as low as 40oC (it's old :p ) so i chucked it in a delicate wash, half load, quick wash :)

bunged it in a pillow case not for it to rub the metal. also didn't use any cleaning products with it.

i skipped it on a bit through the main wash as it was wasting time trying to pump in the nonexistant cleaners :p so in total was in there for about 10 mins maybe?

took it out and it's now drying. looks squeaky clean :D tiniest amount of bobbling on the edges but pfff, i don;t care bout that :p

+1 for washing machine.... but do be careful :) i would recommend doing a cold (20-30oC) cycle if you can just to be on the safe side.

Soldato
mines still in its tube

used for an hour and got so annoyed with it i put it back in its tube and never used it again!

in the unlikely event that i use it for long enough to get dirty, im glad i know it can be machine washed :)

Associate
Well survived it's trip through the washing machine yet again and it looks just like new.If you own one and want it to gleam put it in your quickest cold cycle with some decent colour washing powder, mine is 30 minutes cold wash and spin cycle, Put it in the airing cupboard to dry for 4-5 hours and it looks brill just take it out the washing machine as soon as it's finished and lay it flat or draped to avoid creasing the foam.

Thought i'd share this as boogie bug don't seem to care about there customers i've sent them 4 mails in the last month asking if these are still in production and will be shipped any time soon and got no reply.

According to someone at the GSL (you know who you are), they have discontinued them. Not sure about the XXL version, but the XL is.
(Yes I know I quoted someone from like 2 years ago, but for reference purposes)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ive washed mine in the shower with a little drop of washing powder/liquid. Brings it up a treat.

Firstly sorry to revive an old thread :p

Using your method of washing the boogie pad, do you scrub/wipe with anything whilst using the washing powder/liquid? If you do, do you apply much pressure to it?

Also what level of power do you use with the shower head?

What sort of temperature do you have it set to?

Back
Top Bottom