*** Apple Media Event - 20th Oct 2010 - Official Thread ***

Soldato
*** "Back To The Mac" - Apple Event - Official Thread ***

nv40a0.jpg

Engadget.com said:
Oh boy. New Air? Verizon iPhone? Jobs grows a huge beard? Probably not. Apple wants to talk about "what's new for the Mac," which could mean some hardware -- but the company definitely wants to talk software too. See that lion sneaking around behind the logo? Apple is bringing the media out to Cupertino to discuss (amongst other things) the next version of OS X. That's right -- a non-mobile product. If you think it's too early for 10.7, don't worry -- last time we did this dance, the company previewed Snow Leopard about a year before it hit your screens. The whole thing goes down at 10AM PT on October 20th, and we'll be covering the news live! Stay tuned.

What is Rumoured at "Back To The Mac"?
  • New Macbook Models - More importantly, a new Macbook Air model which is rumoured to show itself at the event
  • New iLife Update - Completely new updates for the entire suite are rumoured, including; GarageBand '11, iMovie '11 & iPhoto '11
  • New "Lion" OS - Rumoured to be a big update on the current OS for the Mac Family
  • New iPhone Hardware? - There have been many rumours lately of new iPhone hardware showing up in stores before the holidays - Whether or not this will be announced in this event is unknown...

Where can I watch this Apple Event?

It has been announced that Apple will be streaming the event live on the Apple.com website! Watch it live here (Please note, you must view it through Safari on a Mac Device (Can also be streamed on an iPhone)).

You can also keep up to date on your favourite blogs that are currently promising live-feeds:

As always, Apple are kind enough to upload the keynote shortly after it's finished. You are often able to stream it from Apple Events or alternatively, you can wait 24 hours after the keynote to download it in high quality straight from your iTunes!

The keynote starts at 10:00 AM (PT), also known to us brits as 18:00 PM (BST), on the 20th October 2010! Be there!

Other times are:
07:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
02:00AM - Tokyo (October 21st)

Thread Last Updated:
  • 22nd October 10 - Added Summary
  • 20th October 10 - Thread "Sprused" :p
  • 20th October 10 - Thread Creation

Last edited:
Soldato
New Macbook Air, a look at OS X Lion, iWork/iLife integration with the cloud and OS X Lion for seamless syncing. I doubt they'll mention anything to do with the iPhone, if they do it will only be announcing its coming to Verizon. I think they'll do that at a different even though.

Soldato
Back to Mac so nothing to do with iPhone/iPad - thank the Goddess.

OS X (I wish it was OS XI)
iLife
MacBook Air and a couple other Mac hardware refreshes.

That's it. Seeing as it is at Apple HQ I'm not expecting Earth shattering announcements.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the idea that Lion will be compatible with Facetime is a no-brainer.

Adding touch-screen controls to a mac would be interesting, but I think we probably wont see that this time round.

Back
Top Bottom