Cooking with Maximum - Pizza

Hi all, made pizza the other night here is how I did it.

Step 1 - Make dough, basically put approx 3 cups of strong flour in a large bowl then add a 7 gram sachet of yeast, a good pinch of salt and sugar, mix together then add a splash of olive oil and start adding warm water and mix until you get a nice non sticky dough ball. Take it out the bowl and give it a good kneed and then lightly oil the bowl, place dough back in and cover bowl with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for a couple of hours.

Step 2 - While your waiting for the dough to rise you can make the tomato sauce, this is basically passata with grated garlic and oregano in, you then bring to the boil and simmer until its reduced by about half, this will leave a nice thick sauce.

Step 3 - Ok after 2 hours take your dough ( will make about 3 medium pizzas) and roll out with a rolling pin.

05032011497.jpg

Step 4 - Then spread your tomato sauce on, dont over do it though as it will dominate the overall taste of the pizza.

05032011498.jpg

Step 5 - Put lots of mozzarella on, I used grated and chopped up mozzarella on mine for extra cheesiness, then place your topping on, I chose ham, mushroom and chorizo for mine. Then a good drizzle of olive oil.

05032011499.jpg

Step 6 - Preheat your oven to its highest temp, hotter the better, I have a pizza tray which is basically a round tray with holes in, it help to get a nice crisp base. Cook for around 5-10 mins depending on how thick your base is.

05032011500.jpg

Lastly chop some fresh basil and sprinkle on top and thats it, trust me, these taste far better than any takeaway and you could make about 6 of these for the price of a Dominos :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks really nice when made from scratch, that final picture needs a little white garden table in the center for that authentic takeaway look.

Caporegime
Homemade pizza is nomtastic. Tip on the tomato base : put a can of chopped tomatoes in a pan with some tomato puree. Blitz a chopped onion, some garlic, tablespoon of fresh coriander and 1 red chilli in a blender and then add to the pan. Simmer for 30 minutes (longer the better). It gives a deeper, richer taste than passata.

Still the best username on the forums :)

Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;18692569 said:
Homemade pizza is nomtastic. Tip on the tomato base : put a can of chopped tomatoes in a pan with some tomato puree. Blitz a chopped onion, some garlic, tablespoon of fresh coriander and 1 red chilli in a blender and then add to the pan. Simmer for 30 minutes (longer the better). It gives a deeper, richer taste than passata.

Still the best username on the forums :)

Thanks :) will try that out next time, always on the lookout for ways to improve my cooking. Thing about these are that they are so easy to make and come out tasting awesome, I urge you all to give it a go if you havent already :)

Back
Top Bottom