Plumbing question

Soldato
Right about 3 days ago I went to the loo and a rather substantial do do. It blocked the toilet up and caused the water to rise right to rim and take ages to drop back down to normal levels. Now it was at like 12 in the monring so I couldn't be botherd to deal it with properly so using the loo brush I pushed it into the 'U' bend. Out of sight of of mind.

Roll on to present day and the the water still rises and takes ages to drop and as the water slowly drops it causes all the plug holes in the house to gurgle and bubble. If I empty the bath or have a wash and drain the sink it causes the loo to bubble. I'm guessing air is getting into the system. All the drainage from the bathroom including the loo runs out into a large pipe on the rear of the house. Before I start mooching around in there, does anyone have any ideas what the issues is?

I had this problem once. I waited for the water level in the toilet to drop to its normal level, and then filled the mop bucket up with hot water and poured it quickly into the toilet. I had to repeat that a couple of times but it shifted the 'blockage'

The instructions will say scoop as much water out the loo as you can, I used a sponge to basically make it dry then add 250 ml and leave for 5 mins then add 250 ml of cold and leave again for 5 mins then flush

Excellent stuff

:eek:

ew!

can i suggest you clench mid flow to maintain an acceptable size?

with enough practice you should be able to maximise size whilst still staying within the recommended turd size of your plumbing :)

good luck!

on a more serious note, the hot water works, as does one shot, however as said keep the lid down!

2nd on the caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) chuck a load down there exothermic reaction lots of heat generated, flush :) I use it to clean my drains, wear gloves and open windows. This stuff is used to "etch" aluminium prior to treatments ;)

Since this has been bumped :p

I unblocked it after getting some drain rods and attacking the drains. It ws blocked with my poo at the point were the new plumbing meets the old victorian plumbing. It looks like the old clay pipes have moved slighty in the earth and in turn cause the hole to be slightly smaller.

Back
Top Bottom