Royal International Air Tattoo 2011

Soldato
Anyone on here going? :)

I'm going with the Mrs and her Dad, looking forward to my first airshow! (Even if RAF Cosford is just up the road)

Also, does anyone know if the Vulcan is making an appearance this year? I can't see it on the Visitors list for RIAT 2011 and the schedule for the Vulcan doesn't show Fairford..

Associate
I am going this year :) Not inside the showground but on the outside of the fence were everyone lines up. Great view without paying and standing at the end of the run way with the planes less than 2 metres above your head :D Last year the Vulcan made a strange appearance because it wasn't scheduled for the day we went but it came and flew.

Associate
I'll be going, but I don't know what day yet, I'll wait until I can see a weather forecast for that weekend and I'll choose the day that has the least amount of rain!

Associate
I am going this year :) Not inside the showground but on the outside of the fence were everyone lines up. Great view without paying and standing at the end of the run way with the planes less than 2 metres above your head :D Last year the Vulcan made a strange appearance because it wasn't scheduled for the day we went but it came and flew.

Think they might be slightly higher than 2 metres above you!

they are still announcing participants for RIAT so could still be on the list. given the financial issues with XH558 i'd be suprised if they didnt attend at the biggest airshow of the year.

I'll be there myself for 5 days with the camera and lots of mem cards!

Associate
Think they might be slightly higher than 2 metres above you!

they are still announcing participants for RIAT so could still be on the list. given the financial issues with XH558 i'd be suprised if they didnt attend at the biggest airshow of the year.

I'll be there myself for 5 days with the camera and lots of mem cards!

I know :p I was exaggerating. They are really low though when they come into land.

Soldato
I will 85% be attending this year. Can't wait.

Just looked at the website.

I dont see the Typhoon or F-22 there, which will be a shame.

Best things I can see are the Apache's, Rafale's and F-16's.

Last edited:
Soldato
its strike based this year isnt it? i marshelled at last years (training and transport based) and it was a good laugh.

vulcan is hit and miss on the day, i believe its in flying condition as it flew out of lyneham a month or so ago. its just the funds holding it back.

its a great experience though, hope you enjoy it, might as well kick off with the biggest and best :D

Associate
I will 85% be attending this year. Can't wait.

Just looked at the website.

I dont see the Typhoon or F-22 there, which will be a shame.

Best things I can see are the Apache's, Rafale's and F-16's.

Typhoon demo's are (i think) all cancelled this year due to operational requirements.

As for the F22, i don't think it really would have been here this year even if they weren't currently grounded.

A10 demo will more than make up for it i am sure

Associate
Went the last two years with some mates, best weekend of the year,,,, awesome time. Kempsford campsite.

But got a wedding booking on the sat so no can do, bit gutted!

Back
Top Bottom