OcUK Rolling Road Day 12 - Northwest Convoy

OcUK Staff
Same drill as usual:

Week to go now before the Meet, so get your name down if you intend of being part of the Northwest convoy.

So:

North-West Convoy Details:

Same as last year, people using the M6 from Crewe northwards, if you want to convoy, please meet up at the services just off J16 of the M6.

The journey (done at legal speeds) should take around an 1hr 25mins, as such, to reach powerstation by 8:45, we really need to set off at 7:15 at the latest, so please try to arrive early. So to recap:

Northwest Convoy:
When: Saturday, July 23rd, at 7am
Where: Barthomley Services, Crewe (J16 of the M6), CW2 5PS

***The services are not part of the motorway, if coming from the north, come off at J16 and take the 4th exit, if coming from the south, take the 2nd exit)***

Please try to park up near the petrol station, there is plenty of room, so this shouldn't be a problem.

If you would like to join this convoy, can you please just reply with:

NorthWest Convoy, <name>, <car>, <meeting point>

Thanks.

Contact Details:

You can contact me either via email (best to send to [email protected]), or via MSN messenger which is the same as my email address.

If you don't have my mobile number and think you may need it, contact me via one of the above and I will give it you.

Convoy List:

List of possible/confirmed attendees. BOLD names are confirmed:

Gibbo - Porsche 911, Barthomley Services
Naithwraith - Toyota Supra, Barthomley Services
Bicepo - Toyota Celica GT4, Barthomley Services
Adam - Fiesta Zetec, Barthomley Services
Darryn - MX5, Barthomley Services
Sone - Chris, 525i Sport, Barthomley Services

Clarkey - Colt, Frankley Services
Will - Fiesta ST, Frankley services
Acemodder - Subaru Impreza WRX, Hilton Services

As usual if anyone wants to join our convoy on the way down we can all pull in at Frankley services at approx 8am, so give a heads up in this thread if you wish to meet at Frankley services. :)

Frankley services meeting point - 8am ISH (7:55 - 8:10)

If you wish to meet and join the convoy also post in this thread.

Never seen an OcUK convoy travel at legal speeds yet! ;) Absolutely no way can I under any circumstances be cajoled into getting up early enough to get to those services for that time of the morning, so if anyone wants to convoy down from up here at a reasonable hour then let me know and we can arrange something :p

Me - Fiesta ST, Frankley services.

I'll email you tomorrow gibbo, mobile number would be handy...I'd spot a yellow Porsche a mile off at a service station but a blue fiesta will blend in a bit more!

Me - Fiesta ST, Frankley services.

I'll email you tomorrow gibbo, mobile number would be handy...I'd spot a yellow Porsche a mile off at a service station but a blue fiesta will blend in a bit more!

List updated, those waiting at Frankley part in the car park closest to the exit nearest the filling station I think it is, or just look out for the yellow 911, followed by a Supra etc. onto the services car park and come over.

Also take note of who else is meeting at Frankley and group together. :)

Hope it doesn't rain, driving the Supra in torrential rain is an exercise in survival rather than "driving in the rain" LOL.

Thats the sunny ling longs for you.

If you want wet grip then the best is:-
Goodyear F1 V2
ContiSport 3 (CS3)
Hankook V12 EVO (Not quite as good as the above 2 but may cost less and still v.good)

Dry grip:-
Yokohama AD08's
Hankook RS2's
Michelin Pilot Sport 2's

Best compromise
Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but most likely not available in your size and very expensive. :(

Though all the above are all top tyres, even the top wet ones still give excellent dry grip and braking performance too. The Hankook V12 seems the best value and has won a few group test so if your not looking to spend £1000 on tyres, the V12's are half that price and the other tyres are not twice as good.

Back
Top Bottom