• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catalyst 11.9 Drivers Released

Soldato
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx .

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System:
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.9 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

•STALKER – Call of Pripyat no longer hangs randomly when launching a new game or opening a previously saved game.•Scaling options are now correctly displayed when connecting a Digital monitor to the Display port on some video cards.
•The following games no longer experience random hangs during game loading :
◦Call of Duty – Black Ops
◦F1 2010
◦Dungeon Siege 3
•The following games no longer hang intermittently during gameplay:
◦Battlefield - Bad Company 2
◦Borderlands
◦Dead Rising 2
•The following games no longer hangs while running the benchmark :
◦Serious Sam 2
◦Resident Evil 5
◦HAWX 2
•HAWX 2 no longer displays random flashing black pixels
•Flashing pixel corruption is no longer experienced while playing F1 2010 and Dirt 2
•The Windows Event Log no longer reports unwanted Distributed DCOM errors.
•Negative Crossfire Scaling is no longer occasionally observed while playing EarthSim 2, Battle – Bad Company 2 , Metro and HAWX
•Video corruption is no longer observed while playing full screen HD WMV format files using PowerDVD with Windows Aero Mode turned off.
•Blank video playback is no longer observed when hardware accelerations is enabled in VLC 1.1.10
•Dawn of War II – Retribution no longer exhibits a black screen when alt-tabbing in and out of the game
•Random display corruption is no longer observed when playing WMV format files using Windows Media Player
•City of Heroes no longer experiences stuttering after excessive use if in-game Anti-Aliasing slider

Associate
I was just about to post about the 11.9's beeing released. Here are the known issues under windows 7.

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system:

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:

• The display may freeze after playing HD Videos over an extended period of time using Windows Media Center

• Random screen tearing may be observed while playing Portal 2

• Random screen corruption may be observed while playing Wolfenstein in multiplayer mode

• Random corruption may be experienced while playing Enemy Territory – Quake Wars

• Choppy playback may be experienced during playback of interlaced DVD content in full screen mode using PowerDVD 11

Last edited:
Associate
I just installed them and as the install ended the screen went very garbled. I managed to find the 'finish' button. I restarted and all is fine again.

Here is the software info if anyone is interested.-

Driver Packaging Version 8.892-110914m-125030C-ATI
Catalyst Version 11.9
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1186
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0860
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11079
Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0908.1355.23115
AMD Audio Driver Version 7.12.0.7702

Soldato
Don't know if it's some placebo effect of installing new drivers but everything seems to run much smoother with more FPS. Shame I didn't bench the 11.8 drivers and compared them against these. :(

Soldato
Don't know if it's some placebo effect of installing new drivers but everything seems to run much smoother with more FPS. Shame I didn't bench the 11.8 drivers and compared them against these. :(

But then you might have realised you were wrong and therefore not received the pleasant placebo boost. :p

Don
Since installing these on my media centre

If the hdtv goes to it's 'sleep' mode, upon return it will forget that the sound is meant to go through the tv. I then have to open the Sound options for W7 and it will 'refresh' itself

Anyone else getting this?

It's a pain, but I guess rolling back won't be an issue

Associate
Since installing these on my media centre

If the hdtv goes to it's 'sleep' mode, upon return it will forget that the sound is meant to go through the tv. I then have to open the Sound options for W7 and it will 'refresh' itself

Anyone else getting this?

It's a pain, but I guess rolling back won't be an issue

Yes I saw this. Following a suggestion from a forum I have uninstalled the audio drive from the Catalyst suite and am using the ATI Audio driver from the Realtek site. No problems in the last week and same function.

Back
Top Bottom