windows 7 index?

Associate
just out off intrest not benchmark junkie has anyone got 7.9 for there chip and memory just wondering what processer and memory it would take to get this rateing i get 7.8 for both,and thats with a 8 core bulldozer chip running @ 4.3 to 5.0 dont change it still at 7.8 and 16 gig of memory running @ 1600 just curious for next build when i get bord of this pc.

Associate
I'm pretty sure people here have said your chip has to be running over 5ghz (perhaps 5.5?) to register a 7.9 on windows index - cant be 100% sure, and sorry cant help with the ram, dont know if its the speed or quantity - could be a combination of both

Soldato
I don't think it's possible to get 7.9 for CPU at the moment. Even the guys with 5GHz plus i7's are getting 7.8's if I remember the last thread on this properly. I had 7.9's for everything else with my RAM OC'd to 2000MHz, with a 7.7 for the CPU.

Associate
Ah, my theory was that MS keep periodically raising the bar as new technology comes out, so that only the very fastest hardware available at the time can get a full score.

7.9 being reserved for multi chip setups does make more sense.

I tend not to pay much attention to the score anyway, it's useless.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah, my theory was that MS keep periodically raising the bar as new technology comes out, so that only the very fastest hardware available at the time can get a full score.

7.9 being reserved for multi chip setups does make more sense.

I tend not to pay much attention to the score anyway, it's useless.

agreed :)

you can retest at random intervals and the rating will change - even if you have made absolutely no system changes whatsoever - hence ... it's the most meaningless score/benchmark ever invented :)

Associate
As others have said, Windows Experience Index can be pretty unreliable.

i7 2700k @ 4.7 gets 7.8

Only my OCZ Vertex 3 get 7.9

Associate
OP
cheers for all the replys by the looks of it no one reched 7.9 for chip and its down to speed of memory more then mass of it lol only asking as swap me pcs around loads and ive never seen 7.9 for memory or chip and ive owned from i5 to i7 systems. my lowest score is 7.7 at mo for gfx but think that will creap up bit when run crossfire tomz when fetch another gfx but get 7.9 for me ssds runing raid,i know windows index dont mean a lot lol but would love to see a 7.9 rateing for full pc lol ya could allways do this lol no idea if it works anit tryed it lol conna see the point lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnKqXJkVxw

Last edited:
Associate
OP
the youtube thing do work lol just give a netbook with a 1.6 atom chip in a 7.9 score for the cpu for fun of it lol, where it only had a score of 2.3 it a bad thing realy cuz some peps that anit got a clue about pcs look at that a guide to how good the pc is and ya could boost rateing up for any of the scores doing that lol and stich some one up on it.

Associate
WEI.jpg

Associate
OP
nice score might invest in faster memory down the line but prob just a waste of cash what i use me pc for its main purpose is a media center to stream films wireless around house,and play odd game lol

Back
Top Bottom