New iPad stock & launch day plans

Associate
Hi all, thought it might be good to start a thread for sharing info regarding stock for launch day.
I missed out on pre ordering so will have to chance it on launch day.
Q will it launch at 5pm uk time like the iPad 2?

Last year it seemed Argos & John Lewis had lots of stock & allowed people to reserve & collect any ideas if they plan to do the same this year.

Any info to help will be appreciated by all.

I live in Reading so will avoid the Apple store & will try Argos & John Lewis. I also spoke to someone at the currys pc world store near the Madjeski stadium & they are expecting at least 80 iPads across all models.

Cheers

Man of Honour
The easiest way with the ipad2, was go on the apple site and reserve for collection at local store. Just need to find out what time, the stock is entered onto the system.

Soldato
Can't see many people going to the PC world near Madjeski compared to the Apple store on the PC world in The Oracle. Mind you.. there's 2 PC worlds near Madjeski, I presume your on about the new one as I think that's the Currys one as well. I would think that is the best place to go..

Soldato
I managed to get mine last year by ordering on the comet website. If a local store has stock you'll be able to reserve and collect. I had mine delivered as there was no local stock.

Associate
OP
So do we think that there will more or less stock than last years ipad 2 launch?

I have heard that some people are expecting that there will be more stock available on launch. will call a few local stores on Thursday to see if they are aware of how many units they will have.

Soldato
Can't you pre-order it and get it delivered to your door?

When the 4S was launched my other half was probably the first person in Sheffield to get one. She pre-ordered hers from 3. Walked straight past the massive queue of people outside the Apple Store (the queue went all the way around Meadowhall car park) she walked straight into 3, and walked out minutes later with a 4S in hand.

Why does everyone in the Apple Store cheer when you walk out with a new product? I find it really sad lol

Permabanned
sorry but while your all in the cold sitting outside apple queuing with loads of people in front of you, I will be in waiting for UPS :p

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Had an email back from John Lewis:

Thank you for your email to John Lewis Nottingham regarding the new Apple iPad.

I can confirm that we are expecting to sell the new iPad from its launch date on March 16th both within our store and on JohnLewis.com. However, we are unfortunately unable to take any pre-orders for this item or make any reservations in advance, and are only able to sell it on a first come, first served basis.

Apple are yet to confirm the time from which we will be able to sell the new iPad. As such, I would recommend that you contact us on Thursday, by which time we will be able to better inform you.

Will probably go and pick one up from there come Friday, two year guarantee at no extra cost is doing it for me atm!

Back
Top Bottom