• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can't get a good display

Soldato
ok i have Asus HD 6450 SILENT EDITION 1024MB GDDR3 Low Profile PCI-Express Graphics Card & Sony STR-DH520 and 5.1 setup. connected all my devices via HDMI into the Sony Amp/receiver and everything seems ok.. apart from the pc screen is no longer full size by default and not as sharp, very grainy and fuzzy. if i unplug the hdmi cable and go straight into the tv it becomes full size again and looks brilliant. when i plug straight into the tv it defaults to 1366x768 and look grand, when i choose that via the sony receiver it still looks crud :(

i tried upscanning on the pc which sorts the boarder bit, but the quality is terrible, i cant see any options on my TV to change.

really bugging me, as i want it all going through the sony amp/receiver, was thinking of trying a Nvidia card?

^^
i tried all the settings above

when i plug straight into the tv it defaults to 1366x768 and look grand, when i choose that via the sony receiver it still looks crud :(

Soldato
OP
Overscan is set to 0% in the Catalyst settings right?

Is there any pixel mapping options on the Sony receiver? It sounds like this is the cause of your problem.

to be honest i can't get any options on screen, the whole sony system seems to be geared up to having a sony TV as half the remote is useless. im a bit peeded off now and kinda regret getting that amp. im gonna try an nvida card and see if that solves the issue, as at present it looks like i have 3 choices

replace the tv with a sony
replace the amp
*try* another brand of graphics card

Back
Top Bottom