runtine error 216 - L.A. Noire

Associate
havn't played the game for a while, tried to tonight and it hangs on synchronising with a popup box saying runtime error 216 at 00555813.
Did a verify integity on steam and it downloaded something, but still with the same result
any ideas, Thanks

Associate
OP
now I have tried leaving it chugging for a while and after a couple of minutes I get the message "timed out waiting for patch to install", I click on ok and the game continues loading and starts.
all my other games are running ok

Associate
OP
thanks for the replies, i have aready done all the scans just in case, but my pc was clean.
I did find the articles about this run time error, but they seem to be about it affecting the whole pc, I only have this problem with this one game, everything else runs fine
It is a Steam game and I have tried turning off automatic update on Steam and installed the latest video driver.
The game does play after a while but has this problem of looking for a patch, I cant find anywhere in the game itself to turn this off.
I suppose I would reinstall the game but I would probably lose my saves

Associate
OP
after doing some research it seems this problem is to do with the Social Club not updating.
I have seen mention of updating it without starting the game but didnt say how to do it.
I tried starting a new SC account but it still hangs at startup
Has anyone had any success with this
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom