Games occasionally crashing

Soldato
Hi,

I have built a PC a few months ago (specs in sig) and I never really used it much for gaming.

I have now started to play some more games and I have found a problem

I occasionally (only happened twice so far) get an error saying "*Insert name of game here* has stopped working"

Looks a bit like this, but obviously related to the game I'm playing

It happened once when playing Skyrim and once when playing World in Conflict

I thought the issue was maybe that I had the graphics on top settings, but I don't think either of them are very demanding games, my graphics card isn't that weak and the games were running properly and smoothly so it was handling it fine

Doesn't seem to happen with any other programs, I remember it happening once with Microsoft Expression Design a little while ago, but other than that I have not had this problem before

Any ideas?

Hope you can help, and thanks in advance :)

Soldato
OP
A friend told me to check 'Event Viewer', so thought I'd post what I found here

Says there was 1 error in the last hour, which sounds about right, doesn't make any sense to me lol, but thought it might help someone here find out the problem

bAV62.png

This is what I see if I click on that specific error that happened within the last hour, which was World in Confilct crashing

S9nyb.png

So the .exe crashed?

I have been advised to check all my drivers are up to date, and check windows updates are all up to date, so I'm going to do that in the morning.

If anyone has any other suggestions then please keep them coming :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I see you're overclocked. I had this issue with my i5 and a small increase to vcore sorted this issue with minimal increase the temps. Also make sure your RAM is at the correct voltage.

Soldato
...I occasionally (only happened twice so far) get an error saying "*Insert name of game here* has stopped working"...once when playing Skyrim...

I cant comment on world of conflict, but skyrim crashing once aint a big deal :p

If you've only had 2 crashes i wouldnt worry too much about it, but as Princey says do make sure you're at stable voltages on your cpu and memory. You shouldnt have to push the voltage too close to the limit for a 4GHz overclock on that i5.

Did you run stress tests on your overclock to make sure it's stable?

Soldato
OP
I see you're overclocked. I had this issue with my i5 and a small increase to vcore sorted this issue with minimal increase the temps. Also make sure your RAM is at the correct voltage.

Okay, at the moment my voltage is on Auto, I was told that would be OK, and I just upped the multiplier to 40

About the RAM voltage, I'm assuming in the BIOS that is 'DRAM Voltage'? If so, that says Auto too, but next to that it does say 1.5v, which is what it says on my RAM sticks too (Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 1600MHz). Is that OK then?

I cant comment on world of conflict, but skyrim crashing once aint a big deal :p

If you've only had 2 crashes i wouldnt worry too much about it, but as Princey says do make sure you're at stable voltages on your cpu and memory. You shouldnt have to push the voltage too close to the limit for a 4GHz overclock on that i5.

Did you run stress tests on your overclock to make sure it's stable?

Alright,

There is some info about the overclock and voltages above ^^^^^ and about the stress testing, I never done this as I never used to play games on my PC and never done anything that stressed it that much, so didn't bother with the stress tests. So maybe now that I have started playing more games, I have started getting this error as the overclock isn't stable? I did used to play a bit of APB Reloaded and Metro 2033 (but I don't think they're very demanding games), and had no problems with them.

I have now done some stress tests using IBT, I will post up the results and temperatures soon, I done 10 runs at each stress level. Pictures coming soon............

Thanks for all your help :D

Soldato
OP
I thought I would post the pictures in another thread in the Overclocking section, that can be found here.

Feel free to reply here if the reply is about the problem I'm having, but if it is about the overclock in general then please reply in the other thread :D

Back
Top Bottom