Copying all contract from PHONE to SIM

Soldato
Hi all

I am getting a HTC One X tomorrow, and I currently have a BB Bold 9900, the One X is not an upgrade, it's a replacement so I will not have both the phones at any one point.

I want to delete all numbers from my SIM, and then copy all numbers from my phone to the SIM to ensure the SIM has the most up to date numbers on it

What I want to do is delete all numbers from my SIM card in my BB, which I can do, then I was wondering is there a quick way to copy ALL of the contacts in my BB phonebook to the SIM?

I can only find a way to do it one by one

Any help would be appreciated

Soldato
OP
sync the blackberry with google. it copies all your contacts over. oncce you get the new phone, sync it with google and all your contacts will appear

Tried this already as someone else suggested google sync

For some reason it only seems to sync 25 out of my 70 something contacts, those 25 look to me like ones that I've added after I got my BB, the ones that were on the SIM from before don't get synced for some reason.

I have also tried copying them all to the phone, then syncing again but same thing

I also got a random app, converts contacts into an excel spreadsheet, and these 25 contacts show at the top in alpabetical order, then all my other contacts in alpabetical order.

Seems to be that they are in a 'different' list some how and wont sync

Any ideas why?

Caporegime
sync the blackberry with google. it copies all your contacts over. oncce you get the new phone, sync it with google and all your contacts will appear

Which is what he was told in another thread, think it was the One X thread.

Thats what i do, downloaded the google synch app on my BB...synch my contacts over then when i got my One X, all i did was login into my google account and the contacts got synched over...easy peasy.

But if im not mistaken, your contacts on the BB need to be on the phone rather than on the sim card.

FYI the google synch app for BB will no longer be supported after June 2012, which kinda sucks but ill just make sure i have the apps backed up so whenever i get a new BB i can just install it onto the phone.

Soldato
OP
Which is what he was told in another thread, think it was the One X thread.

Thats what i do, downloaded the google synch app on my BB...synch my contacts over then when i got my One X, all i did was login into my google account and the contacts got synched over...easy peasy.

But if im not mistaken, your contacts on the BB need to be on the phone rather than on the sim card.

FYI the google synch app for BB will no longer be supported after June 2012, which kinda sucks but ill just make sure i have the apps backed up so whenever i get a new BB i can just install it onto the phone.

I know and that's what I want to do but it isn't working

See above for an explanation

I have copied all contacts from SIM to phone but still only syncs a selection for some reason

I'm going to try and re-install the app then it might realised that the new contacts that have come from the SIM are 'new'

Caporegime
I know and that's what I want to do but it isn't working

See above for an explanation

I have copied all contacts from SIM to phone but still only syncs a selection for some reason

I'm going to try and re-install the app then it might realised that the new contacts that have come from the SIM are 'new'

Yep just saw your post...maybe an idea to delete the app then re-install it and see if that rectifies your issue.

If it doesnt then probably time for the pen and paper:p

Soldato
OP
Yep just saw your post...maybe an idea to delete the app then re-install it and see if that rectifies your issue.

If it doesnt then probably time for the pen and paper:p

You know the SIM only lets you have a name of so-many characters stored, and if the name is longer, then it cuts it down

Well I have some like that, so when I copied them manually to the SIM, it cut the names down, then I copied all to the phone, so I now have two of the same numbers (only a few times though) as the phone is classing them as different people

And Google sync synced those extra ones so don't understand why it isn't working

About to re-install then if that doesn't work I will have to count the contacts on my SIM and count on the phone, try and work out which ones are the new ones on the phone, and try and remember who has a new number, and copy those ones manually to the SIM, will take ages but that's the only way lol

Soldato
Is there no way of exporting your contacts to a file? Then you can go into Gmail contacts on your PC and import that file. That's what I did with my old old phone years ago when I was setting up my contacts properly.

The BB should have a function like that?

Soldato
OP
Is there no way of exporting your contacts to a file? Then you can go into Gmail contacts on your PC and import that file. That's what I did with my old old phone years ago when I was setting up my contacts properly.

The BB should have a function like that?

I can send a contact card, but once again that is one by one and I don't think that's what you mean

Anyway most of the numbers were already on the SIM, I just wrote down all the names I had on the phone, then looked on the SIM and read down my list and made sure everyone was on there

Later (I'm a bit busy now) I will go down the list on the phone and right down the last 3 digits of everyones number next to their name and make sure the numbers on the sim are correct

Then what I don't want to happen is for me to sign in on my One X tomorrow and end up with duplicates, how can I prevent this?

Gav

Gav

Associate
Copy contacts from your SIM card to your contact list
Depending on your wireless service provider and wireless network, this feature might not be supported.
In the contact list, press the key > SIM Phone Book.
Press the key > Copy All To Contacts.
Note: If you try to copy a SIM card contact with a phone number that matches the phone number of a contact that already appears in your contact list, your BlackBerry® smartphone does not copy the SIM card contact.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smart...rd_contacts_to_contact_list_61_1572706_11.jsp

Soldato
OP
Done it now, manually unfortunately, but most numbers were correct anyway, didn't take too long

Anyone any ideas on the above? Of how to make sure Google Sync doesn't make loads of duplicates when I get my new phone if I sign in?

EDIT: Ignore that last bit for now, think I found how to do it on google. Go to options, un-check contact sync, and reset contact sync (so it deletes synced ones)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You can merge duplicates and stuff in Gmail Contacts Manager, go check it out :)

Will do this when I get my One X tomorrow

For now, as it wasn't copying contacts properly, I have deleted all the contacts from the web version of Google Sync, I checked one beforehand to make sure it doesn't wipe it off my phone :L Then I uninstalled it from my phone

I will use it properly once I have got my One X :D

Soldato
OP
You can do it now with your Gmail account is what I mean.

Go to Gmail and then select contacts.

Then go through the menus.

That's how I just deleted them from the sync, then I will make it sync properly with my One X (as it isn't working with my BB properly)

Back
Top Bottom