Delicious and easy - home made Tzatziki!

Soldato
Been lurking here for a while and not posted anything so thought i'd have a go!

Tzatziki is such a simple recipe and it's really nice especially when it's as hot as it is currently! You don't really need measurements because you do everything to taste but i'll put the amount I used anyway. Made quite a biggish bowl and lasts 2-3 days in the fridge.

x2 or x3 Cucumbers
x1 Clove of Garlic (I used Spanish Garlic)
x1 Pot of good quality plain Greek yoghurt (got mine from Costco)
Salt & Pepper
Optional - Olive Oil

4Bo3O.jpg.png

harWh.jpg.png

Start by grating the Cucumber into a bowl. I basically did 2 of these grated but the final half I cut into cubes to add a little bit more 'crunch' and texture. Add a heaped tea spoon of salt (your quantity may vary), mix it all together and put it in a sieve to let out the moisture. It's amazing how much water Cucumbers hold, i'd personally leave this overnight to dry with some cling film/foil over the top, you want Tzatziki, not Tzatziki soup!

5Y4lc.jpg.png

tfEWW.jpg.png

Once that's done, chuck all of it back into a bowl. Crush the Garlic in and season according to taste. Some people like to add a spoon of Olive Oil but it's entirely up to you, I personally didn't bother. Dump the yoghurt in according to how you'd like it (I like quite a bit) and mix it all together.

WAx0E.jpg.png

Serve and enjoy!

v8KCv.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom