Recomend me a Good compact!

Underboss
Hey all, I want to get a nice and small compact camera

a little background first..

I currently use a Nikon D7000 SLR and I use a wide variety of modes including manual and different lenses

I photograph anything from indoor, to out door, to motor sport

but I am no means a pro or semi pro, im only a beginner really

So my knowledge is there, I now want a camera small and compact to fit in my pocket (for when I go cycling and hiking etc) I don't want one that can change lenses like the Nikon 1

I am only interested in Nikon or Canon cameras

Thanks

Soldato
Depends on how compact you want it, it's a decent camera but not one I'd consider as something I could just stick in my pocket and forget about, maybe the s110?, not as feature rich but it's very small.

Underboss
OP
Blimey that RX100 does seem most excellent!
reading up about it over a DP

Jessops are doing it for £430 at the moment

Theres currently one up for auction, but the Seller said he got it from the US, will they make any difference ?

Associate
If you're going for compact I dont see why it has to be Nikon/Canon, they dont make the best compacts. As suggested Sony RX100 or Panasonic LX7 with its 24mm 1.4 lens could be good also.

Underboss
OP
If you're going for compact I dont see why it has to be Nikon/Canon, they dont make the best compacts. As suggested Sony RX100 or Panasonic LX7 with its 24mm 1.4 lens could be good also.

I only said Nikon and Canon becuase i know how good they are in the SLR market, my sister and hubby use Nikon SLR PRO range, and i use a Nikon 7000

My dad had a Canon back in the 35mm analogue days and my step dad has a Bridge Camera made from Canon :)

but of course if theres a better camera out there in the compact market then i am open to suggestions, and as said the Sony RX100 seems to be one of the best

Back
Top Bottom