Galaxy S2 being relaunched...

Soldato
...under the guise of the Galaxy S2 Plus.

http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2013/01/10/Samsung-GALAXY-S-II-Plus

Looks to me that samsung are going for a scorched earth marketing method. Release a previous generation phone (which still has a better spec than the S3 mini) at a (hopefully) low price point. If this shows up at £199 - £250 it should make a nice dent in the offerings of apple, contract wise.

The £38/month (with an iphone) could turn into £22/month (with a GS2+).

Nice move by samsung I think.

Soldato
OP
In that case it should be dirt dirt cheap! (my experience of phone contracts is showing!)

Should be the standard goto option for cheap contracts, extra customers for the play store too :)

Soldato
If the price is right, then it'll be a better alternative than anything else available bar the Nexus 4 - which is unicorn poop on fire status.

No specific date on UK release?

Soldato
Sounds like they may have made slight upgrades to it, namely the camera mentions 'zero-lag shutter', and also it mentions Glonass, both of which seem new?

It's a good idea though, I'm still running the SGS2 and it's still a good phone, especially with the JB rom, so much that I think I'm gonna skip the upgrade at the end of April (24 month contract)...

Associate
Sounds like they may have made slight upgrades to it, namely the camera mentions 'zero-lag shutter', and also it mentions Glonass, both of which seem new?
The SGS2 in theory can use GLONASS, since it has the same SoC as the Note I. Probably just a case of Samsung enabling it.

Or it could be based on one of the US Snapdragon models, which could use GLONASS from the off.

Soldato
OP

It's a good idea though, I'm still running the SGS2 and it's still a good phone, especially with the JB rom, so much that I think I'm gonna skip the upgrade at the end of April (24 month contract)...

Secondary satnav system will be good for when the lizard men turn off gps :)

Think the zero lag stuff is a software update, possibly a better buffering system so it's always got the "current" image saved before you actually push the button.

Just annoyed that the wifes GS2 has been duff from new and spent the last two months sending the damn thing back and forth for repair. By the time they actually sort the damn thing the GS2+ will be here!

Soldato
OP
I can't get a definite source on what cpu they're using, depends if they're having to make one version or two.

OR they want JB to be on the "new" handset before it lands on the "old" one.

Soldato
I really like my older S2 and the new Jelly Bean ROM but I'll be upgrading to a white Note 2 in the future.

Speed is what i need !!! :p

white? dooouunn't... i have a white s2 and its really ugly.. :) at first i liked it but now no case nothing suits it.. black would be a lot better but hey its up to you :)

should be a good phone if the price is right.

Soldato
OP
I've got to ask Why have you promoted the moby in this thread when you have had such a bad experience with your Wifes S2 ?

The two eldest kids have got samsung phones, the wife is using a samsung phone, we've got two samsung netbooks, a bigass samsung telly on the wall and three samsung tablets, the S2 handset is the only one to ever give any hassle, it was dead out of the box. It more samsungs choice of repair centre causing the problem than the samsung kit.

Back
Top Bottom