Poll: **OcUK OFFICIAL TRACKDAY - DONNINGTON - VOTE £150ish or £250ish?

If you intend on tracking your car, please choose from below

• £150ish April/May time - Donnington

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • £150ish July/August time - Donnington

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • £250ish April/May time - Donnington

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • £250ish July/August time - Donnington

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
Hi there

OK lets try to organise a day with a lot of OcUK attendees driving. Timing would be either April/May time or July/August time.

We can either go with a cheaper organiser circa £150-£199 but that will mean more cars, though maximum amount of cars on track at once is un-changed, it can just mean having to queue in pit-lane before you get to go out.

Or we can go with a more expensive organiser £250-£300 which obviously means less cars, this normally results in no queuing and obviously less distruption from red flags etc.

So lets vote, the voting shall finish end of next week and then I shall select an organiser and negotiate a deal for us and I expect those to say who they were coming to actually come. :)

to be honest, i don't mind a bit of queuing.
and the day we did this weekend was fine by me. its not like i want to be out on track from 9am to 4pm.

either way, im in if its a £150 day.

Are you genuinely going to be able to get a day at Donny for £150? From your threads on here anything under £300 seems highly unlikely?

That said, if you do get one I am well up for it, either Spring or Summer.

Are you genuinely going to be able to get a day at Donny for £150? From your threads on here anything under £300 seems highly unlikely?

That said, if you do get one I am well up for it, either Spring or Summer.

The day they had on Sunday was 169, and the one in October was 139 if i remember correctly. So it should be possible unless they double their prices over the summer!

As I said in my OP price will be £150-£199 or £250-£299

So those all saying £150, thats the best we might get, but it could be as high as £199!

Why would anyone really want to pay an extra £100+ just for fewer cars booked on, the same amount of cars are still on track :confused:

Yes there 'may' be some queing but that is only usually once the session starts in the morning and after lunch when everyone is eager to get back on.

I would save myself the extra £100 for fuel and sit in the pit lane an extra few minutes.

Also there are more tracks than just Donington gibbo :p

Get yourself booked on for Oulton Park 2nd March, £160 OPL with Javelin ;)

I voted £150 April/May time.

Got to be honest though, this is the start of the peak season and all other Donington days are twice the price so I don't think it will be achievable at all.

BaT are doing an evening on May 17 for £135. I thoroughly enjoyed the last time we did this so would be up for it again.

In fact, I think I will book that one up today. Loads of evenings over the summer, planning to make as many as possible.

Last edited:
I voted £150 April/May time.

Got to be honest though, this is the start of the peak season and all other Donington days are twice the price so I don't think it will be achievable at all.

BaT are doing an evening on May 17 for £135. I thoroughly enjoyed the last time we did this so would be up for it again.

I reckon I can sort £180.00 if 10 cars attend from OcUK on a full OPL day on Donnington GP with 98Db limit in May time.

But need 10 takers and it would be a week day!!

Weekday will rule me out, I barely get annual leave as it is, can't be taking days off to do a track day.

The knockhill one will be better for me (closer, prefer the track, and on a Saturday). GL with this though.

Have to say the cheaper end of things as there's every chance of me encountering noise problems until I can sort some baffles for track day usage. That and I need the car back... That's a whole other story.

Back
Top Bottom