where to buy gaffer tape not duct tape

b&q, homebase, screwfix general diy and building suppliers are your best bet. when you mean gaffer tape and not duct tape do you mean the tape where it a white paper tape or the silver plastic plastic tape. because it you mean the white paper type tape then you looking at the wallpaper selection as that what that type of tape is generally used for.

The only difference as far as I am aware is that gaffer doesn't leave residue behind and duct tape does.

However, for snoots, duct tape is fine. Black and silver depending on what you want it to do ;)

For the general construction yes duct tape is fine, proper gaffer tape is usually Matt where duct tape is shiny, would have to be Matt inside to stop glare

I know that some people who do art or photo type projects involving light tend to use the wallpaper tape (aka painters tape) as it doesn't leave much marks and that it a paper base tape so their no reflected properties to it so it won't cause glare or halos type effect against it.

I do a fair amount of work in theatre.. completely agree that there is a *huge* difference between gaffer and duct tape!

Go to a local theatre supplier, or online Stage Depot sell good quality gaffer tape- cheaper than the other site too.. £4.99 inc VAT per roll, £10.69 inc VAT for one roll and delivery.

Back
Top Bottom